Another change in JW doctrine?

by Smiles 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

If the Catholic Church goes bankrupt, as some media sources suggest may occur... what do you think that would mean for the current JW doctrine on the 'destruction of Babylon the Great'?

• Brummie
    Brummie

It wouldnt make much difference since they believe that Babylon the Great is the World empire of false religion and not just the catholic church. No doubt they would link it to some time of the end though, thats if they dont go banckrupt first!

Brummie

• rebel
    rebel

I can't believe the Catholic Church will ever go bankrupt. Do you have any idea how much welth they have? They are one of the largest religions in the world and are positively rolling in money - look at the Vatican alone - so much gold and jewels - the Queen's gear pales into insignificance. Their followers would always throw enough money at them to bail them out in any situation. All they would have to do is make an announcement during mass that there will be an extra collection (no reason needs to be given) and they would be swamped with dosh. If anyone has ever been to mass and got an eyeful of the collection plate - well! Words fail me - it was always overflowing.

Also, think of all the Catholic countries - they wouldn't let that happen. It has such a big grip on people and I can't see them ever going bankrupt - at least, not in my lifetime.

Just my thoughts as an ex-Catholic

xxR

• Smiles
    Smiles

However, considering that the Catholic Church has received the brunt of JW castigation, what would the bankrupcy of the Catholic Church mean to the JW doctrine?

Because, after all, what would "Babylon the Great" be WITHOUT the Catholic Church?

• ballistic
    ballistic

SMiles, what is your source of this allegation? Do you have any links?

• Roddy
    Roddy

Smiles >> If the Catholic Church goes bankrupt, ...<<

I can believe a Catholic church or diocese going bankrupt but not the Catholic Church. Furthermore, I believe a Catholic church or diocese will appear bankrupt on paper in order to hold law suits at bay from legitimate and illegitimate victims looking for large sums of money. But is anything but.

• Navigator
    Navigator

I'm with Roddy on this one. The claimants will not be able go beyond the resources of the diocese in order to collect. And I'm sure that Roddy is correct that the diocese can manuever the assets in such a way as to make it virtually impossible for anyone to collect anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit