Reveal News: One Thing Leads to Another

by ABibleStudent 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

According to Reveal News' website at https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/one-thing-leads-to-another/, "In August, we're is picking up the threads from three major investigations to see what’s happened since they aired. These are stories that moved people, made them angry and sparked change."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Here's another link to a Reveal story that was just posted today, August 11th:

https://www.revealnews.org/article/5-hardships-faced-by-victims-of-jehovahs-witnesses-sexual-abuse/

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Great story, thank you both for the posts. I hope that many non-jws and jws read this and realize what a sham this ridiculous 'religion' is, and perhaps some of those scarred by this abuse feel a bit of comfort by the fact that at last, the child abuse and the insidious jw policies to handle it are becoming openly known. While that doesn't provide direct healing, it may help bring some closure.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Maybe the Royal Commission's efforts have spurred on the U.S into taking a look at abuse within JWville.... Sounds as tho there will be an "ongoing" investigation, right?

"The Jehovah’s Witnesses leadership has created sophisticated strategies to conceal allegations of sexual abuse. Witnesses instruct local elders to keep claims of molestation private, internal documents show, all the while collecting detailed information on predators in their ranks.

For abuse victims, this can mean enduring a variety of hardships, such as being ignored by leaders and shunned by family and friends. Based on Reveal reporter Trey Bundy’s ongoing investigation, here are five issues victims have encountered."

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Andersonsinfo Thank you for posting these links. I don't know how much more can be done but some people on this site are saying that it takes one little chip then another then another.....My words as I can't recall the exact phrase.

The thing is, that all these sexual abuse issues with all religions are to be stopped, made a very dangerous thing to cover up and served to the top men as a dire outcome if they don't get the point..............It's illegal and they can go to prison just like anyone else can.

A lot of people have been kept so quiet by fear or self recriminations,...all along they weren't to blame, they were the hurt ones.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit