Initial Reactions-Assisting Inactive Program

by twain30 6 Replies latest jw friends

• twain30
    twain30

A tremendous push has been made to help the inactive in our cong. There is now an official list assigned to each book-study conductor which they must follow up on. To me the obvious intent is to jump start the inactive or to label them as bad apples. More and more of these are reporting 1 hour per-month just to keep the elders at bay. I also notice the same thing happening with irregular publishers. At the end of each month all the Book Study Conductors make a concerted push to get everyone to report their time, if anyone fails to turn in time the book study conductor is questioned and pressured. Its amazing how many 1-3 hour per-month publishers we now have. That coupled with the new 15 minute publishers has resulted in a big increase in our congregation's publisher count. No wonder there was a 3% increase reported for the United States for the past service year. As stated before, this entire method of reporting hourly statistics has proved to be very dubious and coerced. When visited, many of the inactive mention ill health, hard times, depression, etc. They politely listen and give the brush off. This tends to confuse the blood-hounds and effectively loses the whole thing in the middle.

• r51785
    r51785

This is the way things are done in any sales organization.

Unproductive sales reps are worked with and if they don't improve a recommendation is made to upper management (in this case the Circut Sales Manager) to fire (df or da) them.

• freedom96
    freedom96

It makes you wonder how many of the hours counted are actually real? I know I would always round up, but I never made up huge amount of hours.

A friend of mine growing up, one summer month did the auxillary pioneer thing, and reported over 60 hours when it was actually about 1 hour.

• onthego
    onthego

Wow, that'll make Ted Jarasz and his band of "merry" men look good, won't it

• ugg
    ugg

it is so nausiating!!

• Patanegra
    Patanegra

In our congo it was usual procedure to spend your Sunday's two hours just chatting with the bros and stop a bystander just for the sake of justifying you actually were in the field service. As I reckon right now, it was just a nice way to stroll and strecht your legs on Sunday morning. And chatting up sisters. That was cool too.

Patanegra

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

They politely listen and give the brush off. This tends to confuse the blood-hounds and effectively loses the whole thing in the middle.

Wonderful!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit