Drug use among Jehovah's witness's?

by Pepper 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Pepper
    Pepper

How many of our children have used weed or some other type of drug sense we have eather left the Jehovah's Witness's or while we were going to the meetings?

My kids have sense we all quit, I never thought they would, I tried so hard to show them they don't need to but shit happen's. I have also noticed tht a lot of the disfellowshiped ones not all but a lot, have started smoking Weed, and seem very easy with the idea, Anyone else? Pepper

Edited by - Pepper on 14 December 2002 2:30:21

• bluemoon
    bluemoon

Well Pepper, I know first hand that a good number of my ex friends and I smoked pot quite a bit. We didn't see any problems with it of course. It was just something stupid to do that was forbidden and against the law. We also used to drink quite a bit also.

One of the few good things that came out of being df'd is that I don't see them any more so I don't do drugs or drink.

Drugs and alcohol are out there and we know how to hide it really well. I had a teacher at school lecture me about using drugs that it will get you no where in life and I never listened, but looking back he was 100% correct. It is not needed and it only leads to trouble.

• animal
    animal

Smoking weed is much better than drinking. The effects go away much quicker than when drinking, plus I never saw a violent smoker.

Animal

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

I have never known a illegal drug using witness. I'm sure there are but I have never known one. (HEY a positive)

I have known some with drinking problems and almost every male is abusive.

After leaving...I know of many who get into drugs, smoking, drinking, permiscuous sex, and the sex trade. They spent most of their lives being told that is what the outside world is. So...That is where they go. I cringe at how young girls just sell themselves short, they just give themselves away. It truly breaks my heart. I praise those kids who make it through.

• moana
    moana

Pepper:

A lot of the current jw's know that if they don't tell - they don't get dfs. When I was young I knew of those that smoked and drank (a little more than moderately) and just kept quiet about it. Face it - they are the biggest bunch of gossipers I have ever seen.

The young people are so stiffled and growing up having to dress funny and being so different is not easy with all the peer pressure out there. Bet there is a lot more drug use than is admitted to.

peace baby

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I regularly smoke marijuana and occasionally take ecstasy. I highly recommend both.*

*Disclaimer: I bear no responsibility for anyone who has any bad experiences as a result of my recommendation. Stay informed, stay safe.

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

When I was an elder, I and a few other elders smoked pot from time to time.

It was not a big deal but done in absolute secret.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit