WT "Chains of Command"

by out4good3 2 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

How many people here are avid Star Trek fans?

I've just finished watching parts I and II of the episode "Chains of Command" and a couple of sequences in the episode reminded me of how the WT controls people. In the episode Capt Picard is tortured and forced to believe he's seeing 5 lights when in fact there is only four.

What brought this to mind is the irrational statements I've heard from people in the "trooth", statements whereby they've suspended all common sense and choose only to believe anything the WT organization tells them. I've heard Jw specifically say that if the Soceity says the sky is green, then it's green, and that there is nothing the Soceity can do that would lead them away from it.

Watching those sequences it dawned on me just how rigid and controlling the Soceity is; constantly feeding the R\F the same incomplete and twisted information over and over again till they've conditioned themselves unconsciously to believe that the WT=Jehovah=God=Jesus; filling up all available leisure time with nothing but study of propaghanda publications and mythical door to door service. And if you fail to fall into this conditioning, you're tortured by not only all the negative labels they place upon you, but also by the threat of having all the people you've come to know and love stripped away from you.

Well to the WT Soceity I proclaim.....

The sky is blue.....

The WT, governing body and slave class are NOT GOD........

AND THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS !

• Navigator
    Navigator

I remember that episode well, but haven't seen it on the reruns in quite some time. Some of the themes on the old version were very metaphysical and have been repeated on the "Next Generation". I confess to being an avid fan. The old version with Captain Kirk and Spock were pretty crude by today's standards, but very well written.

• NewSense
    NewSense

I have never seen the particular episode of Star Trek where Picard is tortured to the point where he sees five lights when there are only four, however I have read an episode toward the end of George Orwell's "1984" where the protagonist is tortured to the point where he truly and honestly sees three fingers extended by his tormentor when in fact there are only two being held up. I would say that the Star Trek episode was lifted directly out of Orwell's "1984". This particular episode in Orwell's movel is at once one of the most chilling while also being one of the cerebral or philosophical passage in that in the episode there is a man torturing another person in a most hideous manner, and all the while he is essentially giving a treatise on the nature of pure power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit