Ouch

by Gig 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Gig
    Gig

Well friends, it seems to be over. Some of you may remember I fell in love with a JW (before I had ANY idea of what I was getting into). It's been almost two years ago and I tried every way I could think of to see what she sees, historically, doctrinally, evangelistically, liguistically, every way but realistically. I got close enough at one point that she actually said she wanted to go through with me all of the information I had gathered in my research. In hindsight maybe I should have done it, after having tried for so long, but I declined. My thinking was that if she had questions then she should go find the answers, then maybe those answers would be far more credible than following any of my conclusions. She admitted she doesn't know how to research or study like that but I just tried to encourage her every way I could with much love and patience. Looking back at the record, she never did anything that she so encouraged me to do, I hate to say it but that's very hypocritical. It all boils down to I'm not a witness and therefore a worthless pile, specifically according to the teachings. It has been incredibly frustrating to study with them, ask legitimate questions, and get the SAME answers over and over. They simply are lost one you think of something that's not on the WT pages. I even would volunteer the answers beforehand hoping to actually PROGRESS, to no avail. If they didn't get angry you could plainly see they just dismissed me as insincere, prideful, totally lost and unsaved...in other words a bad association. I am still amazed at the consistency, none of which I consider to their credit. I am finally realizing that they are the bad association, for ME. I've done everything I've been asked except believe that the WT is God, which, as you all know, is unacceptable, unless the WT says otherwise...which they DO if the context calls for it. Rare form don't you think? that they would give even the least regard to context. I'm finally letting myself be angry, which I'm told is required for healthy healing. I won't go overboard, but it really is a comfort to rattle off this stuff to people who actually understand.

I do want to add that because I never was a JW I don't fully understand...if I've spoken in a way that sounded aloof I'm really sorry. I did the homework and figured it out before I was required to stuff my head up my butt in the name of Jehovah. I feel terrible that many of you spent so much time under the influence and wasted so much of your life...or rather had it wasted for you while you tried so hard to do the right thing. I do not attempt to set myself above you for recognizing early on the light and loving provisions for what they were, instead, I'm sure I'm the foolish one for continuing on after I figured it out. I sure do miss her. Thank you for listening.

Gig

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Im glad you did the research for yourself and didnt just believe us either tho :) I know this is hard...and the qualities that you saw in her, aside from the JW thing, you will find in others. You just HAD to cut it all loose tho honey...or it would have been disastrous for you, and her. Perhaps she will seek to find what you found out because she misses you too? :) Thanks for sharing with us.

• pandora
    pandora

Sorry for your loss Gig. You know you are lucky to find out early. Be happy. Be free.

((((((Gig))))))

-P(J)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Congratulations Gig , I wish that I had been as astute as you and recognized the "Truth" as early as you did. My only excuse is that I was introduced at a very young age.

All experience is beneficial. You have learned a lot , Go in peace and wisdom.

Edited by - BluesBrother on 11 December 2002 14:38:42

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( gig ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit