"And what happened next was simply unbelievable!"

by Terry 85 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos
    I'll try this.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    You didn't hurt them. The organization's own policies did.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Congrats Terry, you may just have helped two people to waken up!

One of them said, "JW's have no priests". Not true!!! If you meet them again, explain to them that they do have priests, and that it must have slipped their minds.

w12 1/15 p. 29 A Royal Priesthood to Benefit All Mankind

14 Where would those in the new covenant serve? On earth, where, as a group, they would serve as a priesthood, representing Jehovah to people by ‘declaring abroad his excellencies’ and providing spiritual food. After their death and resurrection, they would serve with Christ in heaven as both kings and priests, fully carrying out the functions of both offices.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Instead of the parting zingers, I'd have asked them to come back Friday and watch the live stream of Jackson's testimony with you, especially since they insisted that he'd "sort it all out".
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

It's been an hour since the incident. I now feel a letdown.

I hurt those guys. I hurt them deeply. I don't feel so good about that.

It took something shocking like that to start waking me up, so NO you should not feel bad about the way you handled it. I bet this will start the waking up for those two jws. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sooner or later they will start searching for more information. You planted the seed, there's no turning back for them.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Great post! Loved it TERRY!
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    "I hurt those guys. I hurt them deeply. I don't feel so good about that."

Removing a splinter from your finger is a painful process; how much more so helping a couple JWs remove their heads from their asses.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Terry, I really enjoyed reading this experience. While I appreciate your twinges of guilt towards the end, remember that these guys are big boys and they actively to out telling other people that their religious beliefs are wrong and only JWs have "the Truth."

Speaking of "the Truth," I'm sure you remember various expressions about "the truth only hurts ..."

They just got a taste of their own medicine.

• Oubliette
  • Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit