Gross hypocrisy in September 15, 2015 Watchtower

by Island Man 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

Ask any JW the question "Why do Jehovah's Witnesses impose their views on others?" and you're likely to get a response along the lines of: "We do not impose our views on others. We share with persons what the bible has to say and leave it up to them to decide whether to accept our message or not. We do not impose our views on anyone!". But how exactly do JWs share their views with others? They go out of their way to visit people at their homes to share Watchtower literature with them and recommend that they accept a free home bible study. They recommend that persons adopt their spiritual world view and promote it as the only way to find true happiness, favor with God and the hope of eternal life on a future paradise earth. But all of that hard work to promote their beliefs, equipped with custom made literature and field service presentations delivered directly to people's homes does not constitute imposing their beliefs on others, the JWs would say.

Now look at captioned photo on page 10 of the September 15, 2015 Watchtower:

Do you impose your views on others? (see paragraph 9)

Is it just me, or does the above picture not seem oddly reminiscent of two JWs offering tracts to someone? In fact a graphics artist can easily photoshop the above image by replacing the Raflexidine tracts with Watchtower tracts and no one would doubt that this image is an accurate reflection of JWs doing their preaching work!

In fact I highly recommend that ex-JWs with the technical know-how do this to expose the Watchtower's hypocrisy. Just change the tracts in their hands to be Watchtower tracts and change the logo on the lady's bag to the blue JW.org logo and leave the caption that says: "Do you impose your views on others?". In fact it can be a double image with the original image above and altered image below. Have the caption above that says: "Do you impose your views on others?" then on the image itself there can be a big white meme text that says: "Can you spot the difference?". lol

If Watchtower regards the efforts of these two individuals promoting a health brand as tantamount to imposing their views on others, then surely they cannot be blind to the fact that JWs are engaged in a similar work of imposing their religious views on others. Surely they cannot be that blind. They are such hypocrites!

• Island Man
    Island Man
    It seems like the Watchtower art department gave us a wonderful gift in that image.
  • SG098
    SG098

What's also interesting in the same paragraph; paragraph 9 of that article, this is what the b0rg says:

[Concerning selling health products to other JW members]: "....The couple had a right to choose for themselves whether they would follow a certain diet and take the supplements, but was it reasonable to put the unity of the congregation at risk over health care? For a time, Christians in ancient Rome had differing opinions with regard to eating certain foods and observing certain days. What advice did Paul give them? Regarding the latter, he said: “One man judges one day as above another; another judges one day the same as all others; let each one be fully convinced in his own mind.” It was important not to put a stumbling block before others.

I find it interesting that the b0rg in a round about way is saying observing holidays or "certain days" is up to the individual. The above quote is reminiscent of the famous 2003 Awake article about piñatas in my opinion.

• Oogie
    Oogie
    I thought someone took pioneers and photo-shopped Raflexidine onto them...creepy.
  • Splash
  • Room 215
    Room 215
    It seems to me that their saying "we don't impose our beliefs on anyone" is a back-handed validation of their new stationary literature cart effort.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Woe! This is one of those 'in your face' moments that makes me say think they are truly just fu***ng with us. They have to be.... They cannot honestly be think they are any different in any respect. It's EXACTLY the same! Only dubbies do it by the car load in neighborhoods and not just a two people...
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Thanks for the pic, Splash!

I just posted the photoshopped photo above on facebook.

Within seconds I've got seven likes and one comment saying they love it and where is it at. I responded it's in the September 2015 Watchower issue. I didn't expect all the positive attention from loyal JW's. Wow!

I wonder how many likes I'll get on the photo by the time they start placing the issue.

• Splash
    Splash

Haha! If I'd thought it might get shared I would've taken more care putting it together.

It's so very obviously photoshopped lol.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I can't imagine how weird it must have felt for the WT photography crew when they framed the original shot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit