EMAIL INVADED

by Incense_and_Peppermints 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

MY EMAIL ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED. ANYONE WHOM I EMAIL FROM THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNT BE WARNED THAT SOMEONE HACKED THE ACCOUNT AND CHANGED THE PASSWORD. I CANNOT CLOSE THE ACCOUNT BECAUSE YAHOO REQUIRES THE PASSWORD TO DELETE THE ACCOUNT. I CAN'T EVEN GAIN ACCESS TO MY EMAIL. I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING READING OTHER PEOPLE'S EMAIL, FREAKSHOW.

#@!# YOU, WHOEVER HACKED ME.

DO NOT ENGAGE IN EMAIL WITH ANYONE USING THIS ACCOUNT. IT IS NOT INCENSE!

WHY DON'T YOU GET A

#@!@ING LIFE, LOSER?!!!

THE ACCOUNT IS: brokenbarbidoll @yahoo.com

DO NOT ENGAGE IN EMAIL WITH THIS PERSON - IT IS NOT INCENSE.

Edited by - Incense_and_Peppermints on 10 December 2002 21:8:22

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Is that possible? One time I had someone send out E Mails and signed my name..Snoozy. Well they figured out a way to make it look like it was from me but they used 2 zero's instead of 2 O's to create the E mail account. They look very similar..but someone caught it when they posted on the board with my name.See the difference?...OO-00 one is skinner.SNOOZY and SN00ZY..Clever wasn't it..Then they made up their own pasword. Then they just signed my name the same way that I did. I assumed it was the same one that posted using my name that sent the E Mails out with my name.. He was very popular on the boards and got caught. Of course he just got his hand slapped.

What ya gonna do! ....

Snoozy...sigh!.......

• Amazing
    Amazing

It is very possible and likely ... I receive email all the time about how to sneak into other peoples email, spy on them, etc ... I have never bought into any of these systems, but they are out there ...

My specialized firewall combined with my proprietary system defeat these spy programs ... and I highly recommend that anyone who uses the Internet have at least Norton Anti-virus and Internet Security firewall to stop these nasty intruders ... and sometimes it is even better to have more than one firewall system, like Norton and Black Ice ... (I don't recommend McAffee because it tends to tie up a lot of RAM and HiMem and greatly slows performance ... what I do is use Hotmail for all public email, like JW forums ... Hotmail uses McAffee to pre-screen without my having to have McAffee installed ... then my Norton and my personal proprietary system screen anything I download afterthat as a second layer protection ...

Good luck ... take this seriously as there are over 100,000 hackers on line every hour of every day ... they operate with malice of forethought with the intention of causing harm ... it pays to take serious precaution!!! Jim Whitney

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I_P

I am so sorry for you. You would think some people have better things to do (like play in traffic). Why would someone get their jollies from something like this?

Thanks Amazing for the heads up. I think I'll take your advice. It seems the better part of valor.

Edited by - Big Tex on 10 December 2002 22:51:46

• heathen
    heathen

forget security software I wish I had a way to reach my hands thru the internet and pummel people with the nerve to intrude on someone like that.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Not again...

I&P, I'm sorry to hear that someone has nothing better to do with their time but to cause problems for you. There are some real low lifes around. As another poster said to me yesterday, just because a person is an ex-jw means they are ok. Sometimes they were kicked out of the JWs for a good reason.

((((((((((I&P))))))))) hang in there. BTW, did you get my email before it was hacked?

• Xandria
    Xandria

OMG mee too !!!!!!!

I&P I have emailed Yahoo about it. I cannot get in to my alternate email site on Yahoo. This one is a personal email for me. I am totally pissed and thinking of changing the other site's password as a precaution.

X.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I&P Yahoo requires a real e-mail address to get a yahoo address, did you try the lost password link, so the password is e-mailed to your real account?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit