More Statistics - Even more to die at Armageddon!

by eyeslice 4 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

It comes up time and again in the WTs literature and meetings just how Jehovah is patient and loving by allowing this system to go on, thus allowing more people to be saved.

But, the figures dont add up.

I know that Witnesses dont really believe that baptism is being born again, but on the other hand, it is implied that those who are not baptized are in danger at Armageddon. This was brought out at this years DC, where young ones were urged to "seriously consider getting baptized".

I am aware that figures can be made to say anything but in the table below, I have attempted to look at the difference between physical births and "spiritual" births, i.e. those being baptized. I got the birth rates from the web and the population and baptism figures from the Jan 15 th 2003 Watchtower.

So, if Armageddon came tomorrow, we would have had in 2002, in just 6 countries, over 30 million infants of less than one year been born for destruction! By comparison, Herods murder of little children at Christs birth pales into insignificance.

Birth Rate Population (millions) Total Physical Births Total Baptized Difference
    UK 11.34 55.88 633,679 2,504 631,175
    USA 14.10 282.94 3,989,454 29,816 3,959,638
    Australia 12.71 19.60 249,116 1,398 247,718
    France 11.94 59.67 712,460 2,060 710,400
    Japan 10.03 126.48 1,268,594 3,925 1,264,669
    India 23.00 1,036.57 23,841,110 1,157 23,839,953
    Total 30,694,413 40,860 30,653,553
    Equivalent 911's 8,758
  • nelly1
    nelly1

oh man you know what eye? we had a Co visit before i left and 3 times he said this in a talk and we had students in the audience, he said you must be a dedicated baptised person to enter into the new world and survive armageddon, I thought god what about the unbaptised publishers who are doing the same as baptised ones but technically arnt baptised, that is like saying jehovah is partial and he most certainly IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that makes my blood boil with righteous indignation.

I remember ones in my cong getting annoyed about what he said and challenging him and you know what he reiterated that yes he believed they wouldnt make it unless they get baptised, you know why they want us baptised ?? because then they can hold judicial commitees on us whereas they dont have the authority if u r not so more control grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

love nelly

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well that doesn't agree with what I was taught!. Don't they teach that if you die before Armageddeon..you could be resurrected?

Sounds contradictory to me. But what else could you expect from "that religion".

I remember at my Mom's funeral..a witness came up and hugged my Dad and told him that he would see her again. I remember that left such an impression on dad. We all want to hear that when we lose a loved one! Of course I knew the truth!. Neither one of them liked the JW religion. They hated it. It took their daughter and grandchildren away from them for 12 years!.

I also remember there was a time when they taught that if you were a loyal JW . You would save your unbelieving Mate and children . Im sure that has changed!

They want those numbers to keep increasing..on paper!.

Stockholders must be complaining!

Snoozy...

• no one
    no one

Here's something I've always chewed on when someone tells me that God doesn't want any of us to die.

World population 12-31-1991=approx 5,376,000,000. World population today= approx 6,300,000,000.

http://http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop/

Number of JWs in 1991=approx 4 million. Number today=approx 6 million

http://http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

So, this delay in Armageddon has resulted in a net increase of an additional 900,000,000 non-JW souls believed to be reserved for death at the great battle vs. 2 million additional potential survivors.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Good comments on the stats. It is funny how the dubs like to say that jehuber is allowing time for more people to be reached. Yet in all that time that a few more thousand/million people are 'reached' (most by being birthed into JW-hood) hundreds of millions of people are born. It's a never ending cycle, and the JWs are falling farther and farther behind in their preaching effort. In the finacial world it's called negative amortization

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit