Brains

by meadow77 3 Replies latest social current

• meadow77
    meadow77

> > > > In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where their > > family member lay gravely ill. > > > > Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber. "I'm afraid I'm the > > bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces. > > > > "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. > > It's an experimental procedure, very risky but it is the only hope. > > Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the brain > > yourselves." > > > > The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a great > > length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost?" The > > doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a male brain, and $200 for a female > > brain." > > > > The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding >eye > > contact with the women, but some actually smirked. A man, unable to >control > > his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is >the > > male brain so much more?" > > > > The doctor smiled at the childlike innocence and explained to the entire > > group, "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to mark down the >price > > of the female brains, because they've actually been used."

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't get it.

-- JEFF

• heathen
    heathen

Maybe the comedy sort of thing just isn't your bag

• meadow77
    meadow77

Sorry you didn't like it heathen, just trying to lighten the mood a little bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit