Birthday Today!

by livingagain 4 Replies latest social current

• livingagain
    livingagain

Please read this and give me your comments. I have been on this new job for the past 10 months and when i went there I told them all I did not celebrate holidays and birthdays. Being a WT slave for the past 27 years I just recently(4-5months) took the physical chains off but still have the mental shackles on to a degree. Anyway my boss mentioned my birthday yesterday to me and I said I don't celebrate it but this year I am thinking of doing so. Listen to this, she said I don't celebrate mine either as far as parties or anything but I take the time to thank God that he has allowed me to live another year and how I might use the life he has given me to make improvements in it and to to be of service to others. Boy! I thought that was unique. So today I am celebrating 53 years of life and FREEDOM! NO LONGER A SLAVE PHYSICALLY AND WORKING ON MENTALLY! Thanks for Listening.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Happy Birthday, Dear Livingagain, Happy Birthday to you......

Love,

Robyn

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Happy Birthday, LivingAgain, from a recently turned 54 year old.

Isn't it great to at least be able to look forward to the day again and feel a little special?

I agree, parties and all are for kids, but we can still enjoy our special day.

Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lew W

• Gopher
    Gopher

Livingagain,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I just turned 42 yesterday, and it was the second year I actually celebrated. My sister is so good about it, she set up a small party at her house just for the occasion.

Yes it is a reason to celebrate, another year of accomplishments looking back, and a new year to look forward to! So why not? The JW prohibition on birthdays is merely an artificial wall they use to keep their people "separate" from the world (as if there weren't enough other oddities that would accomplish the same thing).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Livingagain & Gopher !!!!Happy birthdays guys!!!! & Many many more. I had a surprise 75th birthday way back in May- nearly all ex Jehovahs Witnesses there - We had a real good time. When I added up the years of slavery by all that attended it was enormous Frank over 50 yrs, Nancy over 35 yrs

Sue over 30 yrs, me over 25 yrs, Brenda over 45 yrs. Richard 14 yrs.Andrew about 30 yrs,Shernett 21 yrs We are all now free- & counting time on ourselves....... Thank God!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit