It seems the Royal Commission has been adjourned for the day.

by umbertoecho 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I have been to the website expecting to see the days commencement, but a note is there at the bottom saying this meeting has been adjourned for today. This was posted about 17 hours ago.

Anyone else heard of this?

Might give some people the opportunity to read through the transcripts.

Hello to all you people by the way

• cattails
    cattails
    Hello umbertoecho. I was wondering myself if there's a live broadcast tonight. Does anyone know?
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    At the ending of the last session - yesterday - his honor mentioned the possibility of reconvening next week. So it appears like there aren't any other sessions for the week.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

No. They will have no live broad cast tonight. Today's adjournment is likely due to WT lawyers trying to convince His Honour of the cruelty of forcing Jackson to appear..;..or to convince the RC that he is not important to the structure, beliefs and ..........all the things we KNOW about their power.

I would say that there is a information gathering session going on. That they are reviewing documents............

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    island man. I see that now. I was too over the moon to register that little point. As I had said in a post at the beginning, a RC can extend if it wishes. Years, if it wishes......remember hearing the WT lawyer say he hoped that didn't happen???
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    I just looked at the witness list for the public hearings and it appears that Mr. O'Brien was the last Witness. So it may be that the public hearings aspect of the investigation are over. I think the fact that Mr. O'Brien was the highest ranking JW in Australia is also indicative that the public hearings may be over. The pattern was that they started first with the victims then moved to the elders and up the chain of command to finally interviewing the Branch Coordinator.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    All witnesses on the list were exhausted. There will only be a hearing next week if and when Jackson appears.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Well, the WT lizard did submit that the judge could "read this document at his Honor's leisure..." Yeah, right. Like the Justice has "leisure time". That WT lizard is scaly. I can't stand his voice...so smooth and slippery. I feel dirty just listening to him.

I am sure that the Commission has much to consider. Umber. you are right. Just think of all the emails they have coming in from all over with source material and such to add to the evidence against the WTS. I betcha the JWs haven't mounted a campaign in defense of those WTS guys.

I am so gald to hear that this hearing will get extended if necessary. It needs to stay focused and the WTS tactic is to send up delay tactics to hide behind. Give the opposition a flood of material to wade through and hope they can "fix" the laws through boredom and overload of work.

You notice how the WT branch guys revert to teaching when they are on the stand. They think they are using the question and answer format to educate the courts.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

umbertoecho - "It seems the Royal Commission has been adjourned for the day."

Well, even they need to sleep...

x

OrphanCrow - "You notice how the WT branch guys revert to teaching when they are on the stand. They think they are using the question and answer format to educate the courts."

'Course.

At this point, that's probably the only way they know how to speak in front of a group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit