Change of WT policy?

by lulu 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• lulu
    lulu

We have been disassociated twice now in the last three weeks. Announced at two different congregations. Is this a change now of policy also if anyone can beat this we will try for some more congregations. All anyone has to do out there is object to the affliation of the WT and the UN and then you will be public enemy No.3. We are Number 1 and 2.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

I don't know of this as POLICY persay...but I have heard of Disfellowshipments being announced in more then one cong before...depending on how active the person was in the circut and how many congs he/she attended.....and how far apart. I asked about this once long time ago as it happened to a brother I know.....and the answer was he had not long moved away from the last cong and thier for those who might want to seek him out would be protected.

That's all I knows...I knows no more.

agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

bye bye 4 now

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is very odd. I wonder how many times they want you to bleed over this.

I've never heard of it being announced in more than one congregation, unless it was a circuit overseer. Heard that happened once.

• onacruse
    onacruse

My first df'ing was announced in 2 congs; the one I had been attending and my "home" cong. I'd been a JW in this same area for 40 years, and I think that made a difference.

My last df'ing---I don't know, and I don't care.

Craig

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Lulu,

Should it have been announced in two congos? Who knows? Who cares! Just be glad they've granted you freedom! Look at it this way, they've done you a favour. Now you'll never be tempted to go back.

The next thing to do is to start walking on that road to freedom. Who knows where it will take you. Enjoy the ride.

BTW the elders may have decided that you were associated in two congs. You don't mention your circumstances, but 'they' may have reasoned they needed to alert both congs. There's nothing so dangerous to a cult as free thought.

Cheers, Ozzie

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Nothing new; the congregation one is attending, and the one in which there may be many family members or to where one has a certain attachment etc.

• hippikon
    hippikon

I depends how well known a person is as to how many congregations it is announced in. I seem to remember back in the 80s an announcement at our circuit assembly in Australia that Michael Jackson had been publicly reproved. I think that was just after his thriller album. Ozzie may remember it Merv King was the bethel elder who made the announcement but thats as much as I can remember.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ozzie may remember it Merv King was the bethel elder who made the announcement but thats as much as I can remember.

Yeah, I remember! I think Merv was the D.O. at the time.

Funny thing was, many of the R&F didn't know he was "in", let alone getting "outed"!!

Edited by - ozziepost on 10 December 2002 6:47:27

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit