Perfect

by Gig 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Gig
    Gig

How about a little friendly competition? Who can offer the best example of perfect irony? For example, the WT teaches that we should regard the WT mag just as we would the word of God yet they also teach that they never claimed to be infallible and that you should have checked for yourself, all your fault for the mistake.

Actual quotes get bonus points. If someone stole your idea vote for theirs, although I can't even begin to believe we could cover them all. I hope this soon has a little flaming folder next to it. Hey, let's counter our bitterness with a little exposure along with a laugh. Who's in?

Gig

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Well, they, WTS/JWs, redicule and belittle every little mistake that other religious organizations or gourps make, saying "that proves that group is false". But when they make mistakes, some serious ones as well, it has to be OK because they are human. I guess that's their subconscious confession that they are a human organization, not God's.

• Mary
    Mary

If you have sex with a consenting adult before marriage, you're a fornicator and you'll have all your privileges taken away and possibly even DF'd.

If you have sex with an unconsenting child, absolutely nothing will happen to you and you'll be promoted within the Organization.

• neyank
    neyank

Perfect irony?

The WTS constantly changes their teachings because they were found to be wrong and continues to call itself the 'truth' even tho the teachings that are in place now will also be changed.

question: What is truth to the WTS?

answer: Whatever they are presently teaching.

neyank

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Sometime, the death people are more alive, for a Jehovah Witness than someone who is still alive. By example, my father who was inactive, when he died in 1998 is more important for my sisters who are still in this cult than my mother who is alive and would be able to give them love and advices if they wanted to receive it. All this story because my mother dissasociated herself to stop the harassment from the elder, after the death of my father.

Edited by - Nicolas on 9 December 2002 20:57:9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit