I now hate being called 'sister'

by purrpurr 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I always hated being called "sister". This way they don't have to even know or remember your name. And it sounds so weird and culty.

I remember being in a store once and a young JW said: "there's Sister _____". I later pulled him aside and said I will never answer anybody who ever refers to me as Sister _____ in a public place. Use my name, please!

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    I recall my daughter asking if she had to refer to my dad as "Brother Grandad" lol lol lol and I recall feeling odd about explaining that to a 5 yr old as it sounded incestuous dumbed down.
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    I hate being called sister too.
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Blonde said" I hate people who hardly know me claiming kinship"

Is anyone keeping up with the series "Under the Dome" on CBS? It is about people being lead by mind control and into a kinship. Reminds me of the organization.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Well it is a lot easier for the one conducting a meeting and selecting those who are commenting. "Yes, sista, that's right you over there". " Let's hear from that brotha, over there"
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I had never thought of "brother" and "sister" in the contexts stated in this thread. Very enlightening, thank you. It's odd when someone points something out to you and find yourself wondering how you could have missed something which now seems so obvious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit