San Diego ex's

by James2300 9 Replies latest jw friends

• James2300
    James2300

Hey folks,

I also posted the topic on ex-Brooklyn Bethelites. I was in Brooklyn for four years and recently moved to San Diego. I'm originally from San Diego and had a lot of witness friends out here growing up but since then I've been out of touch. I'm just curious to see who's out there in SD. My family is fairly well known in east county (the Gifford's).

Thanks everyone,

James

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Hi I am from San Diego. I went to the Tierrasanta Cong.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Hey James, I knew of your family. I grew up in El Cajon and went to Fletcher Hills congregation for years. I don't know if they are relatives of yours, but I met some Giffords when we built the Kingdom Hall off 8 next to Grossmont High. I forget their names, but they were father and daughter. The father had red hair with a moustache and the daughter had long blond hair.

• James2300
    James2300

Hey RT,

Yeah, that was my uncle and cousin. I actually worked on that hall a little bit too. I must have seen you around sometime whether at a KH build or assembly or something. Anyway,

later,

James

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi guys. I grew up in the San Diego area also. Lived in the Sun Crest area in the hills east of El Cajon. Lived for a time in Santee and then moved to Idaho in 1972.

Outoftheorg

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Hi I am from San Diego. I went to the Tierrasanta Cong.

I helped my wife while she was my wife buy a Condo in Tierrasanta in about 1979. It was all hers. I tossed in my real estate commission to help her out.

: Hey James, I knew of your family. I grew up in El Cajon and went to Fletcher Hills congregation for years. I don't know if they are relatives of yours, but I met some Giffords when we built the Kingdom Hall off 8 next to Grossmont High.

I knew the Fletcher family: Mike and all of them, the whole Home Federal Savings and Loan bunch of them. That family screwed up a fortune. One of the Fletcher brothers came to me around 1981 or 1982 and asked me to finance a development at Montgomery field near Sierra Mesa. I told him he was crazy. He got some Dutch company to give him the money and he lost his shirt on that development.

Finally, I boinked a professor from Grossmont College in La Mesa. She was very proud of her PhD. I was just interested in boinking, but saw her degree on the wall and told her how pretty it looked. Then I boinked her. I was heartless in those days.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 10 December 2002 0:33:57

• Jourles
    Jourles

James,

I think we may know each other. Shoot me an email sometime. Random and I know quite a few of the same people in that area. I grew up in east county also.

• Jourles
    Jourles

BTW James, what congregation do you attend right now? Are you still a ministerial servant?

• James2300
    James2300

Jourles,

Um, I'm not attending any congregation right now. (I'm inactive.)

hope this helps,

James

• Vickie
    Vickie

I was raised in Alpine. Went to high school at El Capitan in Lakeside and finished high school at Grossmont in 1972. I am now living in Northern Ca although have many relatives still living in the Apine, El Cajon area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit