Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Recently, the past year, there were articles and news stories about some sort of force field (NOT the magnetic field), that circles Earth but goes out 8,000 miles which would supposedly protect from killer electrons.

*sigh*.... that's not what the article says.

Since the moon is beyond this, could lead credibility to it not have happening.

No, it does not. What leads to incredulity is a lack of basic science education and critical thinking skills

I do wonder how they so quickly were able to put man on the moon so long ago yet a year or 2 ago I read USA wanted to do it again but it would take at least 11 years. If we had already done it, why would it take so long to do it again?

Then, if you truly wonder, I would suggest you look into it. The answer is quite simple.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    I read the speech and it answered your question. You read the speech and it didnt. I think that says more about you than the speech.
  • bradford
    bradford

Because this type of thinking is the same type of thinking that leads to anti-vaccination crusades. It's a symptom of a lack of critical thinking and reasoning skills, a demonstration of an inability to evaluate evidence and recognize reality. It hurts us all.

Good luck helping change people's ways of evaluating evidence and developing critical thinking! You have more patience than I.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    492. Lets keep it going people
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

_Morpheus, I am still waiting for my high quality recordings that NASA lost, you know the high def color stuff that didn't seem that important so they recorded howdy doody over it

• runForever
    runForever
    No one went to the moon.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    No one went to the moon.

That is 100% true.

• runForever
    runForever

That is 100% true.

Welcome to reality.
  • talesin
    talesin

Instead of questioning the Moon Landing, why not question the motivation? Also, there is a lot of bux being spent on Mars and other destinations, so I don't think that is an issue. So the billions are not labelled "NASA". *shrugs*

Exploration or Star Wars? That, to me, would be a more relevant debate.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Friends:-Never mind about the insulting pictures, let's move on.

I think one of the reasons this thread has raised so much passion, is that we are not only debating whether man landed on the moon, we are debating history, and that history should be a reliable guide for the future. Is that your opinion also?

Moon Speeches and how they could have effected history.

President Kennedy:- " We choose to go to the moon, in this decade and do other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"

comment. I wonder had the president not been assassinated would congress have been willing to spend billions going to the moon? Anyway it made a great legacy for a dead and very popular former president. ( I personally believe Russian involvement and the Cold War contributed to funding)

This speech you may not be aware exists, it could be seen as supporting a moon landing:-

In Event of Moon Disaster:- " Fate has ordained that the men who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace.... )Part of a speech Nixon would have given had Armstrong and Aldrin got stuck on the moon.)

And the most famous speech:-

Neil Armstrong " That's one small step for man and one giant leap for mankind" according to Armstrongs brother, this speech was prepared and he actually said " That's one small step for " A" man , (A) the missing indefinite article in the transmission.

TALESIN:/ Thankyou for your comment, I and I think a lot of people would agree with you.:- TO DEFICIT INFINITY AND BEYOUND :-)

THE REBEL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit