Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane
    This thread has stirred more passion from our American posters, and it is they who seem most offended and challenged by the question " IF" the moon landing happened.

As usual, you're wrong. You've simply made uninformed and inflammatory comments and promoted making people dumber and gotten a reaction. Congratulations, you could be a politician and that is literally the nicest thing I could of to say about you, even with the surfeit of information about you.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

thanks Viv, at 10 I wanted to be a famous footballer, less than 4 years later a famous enough actor, unfortunately less than 3 years from then I was working for the worlds largest " publishing " house going door to door with my Watchtower. So I regard your " could be a politician " comment, the highest form of compliment. ( I hope I would be remembered in history like Churchill, not Hitler but either way fall of idealism)

Now what statement or election promise should I make to get the country on my side?

How about "in ten years man will land on Mars" That would get the votes and Brittish Nationalisam on my side,And if it's not an " uninformed and inflammortary comment" I might even get elected and re-elected.....if the Russians didn't get there first, that is....

Yes I believe our American posters,have got more passionate on this thread of "Did man land on the moon." That is my opinion.

The Rebel.

• runForever
    runForever
    Viviane - the factless chicken.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane - the factless chicken.

Oh no, I've been found out!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So Rebel your still doubtful of the moon landing by the Americans and the Russians ?

• runForever
    runForever

The facts so far: "I saw it on tv!" "I know it's true!" "Our government would never lie!""My brother worked at Nasa and it's true!"

I.e. "The GB would never lie!" "I just know it's the truth!" "I saw it on JW tv!""My brother worked at bethel and he said

it's true!"

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Children, children (sigh).
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was thinking about this today. A few years after the moon landing some peoole in the Nixon administration broke into the Watergate building in an attempt to dig up dirt on the democrats. Not only were they caught, they couldn't even hide that fact that Nixon knew what they were doing, he was forced to resign.

So we are supoosed to believe the government that couldnt carry off a simple burglary was able to plan and implement a fraud of monumental proportions that would have had to involve thousands of people, and not only were they able to carry it off, in the many years since then not one person involved ever came forward to talk about it, and furthermore, Russia, who we were in a cold war with at the time, and who would have been able to expose the fraud, said nothing either.

As I said, people will believe what they want to believe.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Stupid is as stupid does ......... Forest Gump

Somehow and for some reason there are people who cant rationalize logical probabilities.

Maybe thats why they are acceptable to have other people do their thinking for them such as religious organizations .... ie. JWS

• The Rebel
    The Rebel
    L

In 2004 former President Bush said " Our goal is to return to the moon by 2020"

Why did not Bush having made that statement explain why it would take 15 years to do with twenty-first century technology what took eight years to accomplish with 1960s technology?

LISA ROSE:- " people will believe what they want to believe"

The Rebel:- well then for the sake of argument,let's say I believe the Big Bang actually occurred 13.7 million years ago. ( for the sake of argument let's say, I believe we have the evidence to support the theory) But then look at the % of people who say evolution doesn't exist. In my opinion it would be easy for me to say to those that don't believe in evolution "ignorance is easy, becoming educated is the hard part" As for myself I would rather educate.

Liza Rose at this point it would be remiss of me not to thank you for your earlier post in which you constructively pointed out where you thought my O.P and thinking were wrong on this thread.

Personally I think it irrational that world wide the majority of people believe in a spirit in the sky, and over 50% believe in Ghosts. To me this suggests a large segment of society is prone to irrational thinking. But I think with out " conclusive proof" there is no spirit in the sky, no ghosts these opinions should be respected.

In an earlier post I presented a survey on behalf of E&T technology that found 1 in 4 don't believe man landed on the moon.I believe the M.D of E&T described the moon landing as one of man kinds greatest technological achievements, and therefore alarming 1 in 4 doubted it happened.

Everything should depend on fact, are facts the real problem? Is it not possible to present conclusive proof either way? I believe we have conclusive facts that the world is millions of years old, but we do not have conclusive facts about if there is a " spirit" in the sky.

So people will ( can) believe what they want to" surely this is better than loathing there guts, and saying f,,,k other people's opinion? So instead of locating people's guts, why not respectfully try to transform their understanding. What the hell if I am ignorant on this matter, becoming educated is the best part of the experience. Brilliant in fact, to discover my ideas were superfluous, and I was ignorant.

THE REBEL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit