Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos
    rebel, These rockets were assembled by slave (anti-nazi) prisoners, , just as the US used supposed nazi (anti US) personell to use the captured V-2 missiles. getting the best people for your work makes sense. and Werner and his gang had a blast doing it, and had more than the 1500 calories per day of the stay at homes.
  • Listener
    Listener

You asked a couple of good questions Rebel and I was going to ask you if you had been swayed from your opinion?

I have learnt a few new things from this thread and it encouraged me to go and do a little more research myself. I wanted to look at video's of the other moon landings but found the NASA website very difficult to use. I wondered also whether they had lost the footage of these other landings and whether they had been examined closely by more knowledgeable persons as to their authenticity.

My husband and I were both young when we watched the moon landing. We saw it as an incredible achievement and were in awe of the USA being able to accomplish this.

Many years later and neither of us believe that this first moon landing by man is real. To be specific, what we saw as children on Television was not real. They had so much to gain by faking it. Naturally that in itself doesn't make it fake. Whether men walked on the moon in 1969 or since then we wouldn't know either way.

We are not scientists and even if we were we would still need to have worked or have knowledge of this specialized field. I say this because it means that there are not a great deal of people who would be qualified enough to say whether the moon landing in 1969 was possible and whether the USA had the capability to do so at the time. This makes researching the issue extremely difficult because there are too many people, including scientists who have too much to say and it is nearly impossible to determine how credible their opinions are.

It is amazing how NASA managed to have the event televised around the World onto our Television with very little problems. For years after it was very difficult to transmit live from overseas, it wasn't a common event and rarely went smoothly.

It's an interesting topic Rebel. It doesn't surprise me at all that many people believe that what they saw on the TV was real.

It was enlightening to see the public reaction to the claim that Iraq was hiding a large amount of weapons of mass destruction. It wasn't worth the angst in trying to tell others that we were being lied to but to see them agreeing to send people over there to fight a war was shocking. Unfortunately the propaganda machine is much more powerful than a few doubters.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Just a short post to thank you for your comment " Listener".

Like you and your husband i was also as a child totally in awe of the USA being able to accomplish the moon landing and broadcast it live from the moon.That's why I am pleased that one of the good things that has come indirectly from starting this thread, is that my child's class are going to debate the issue, as a school project. ( The class is made up of 9 & 10 year olds)

You asked if I have been swayed from my opinion? In answer I would say I have had to put my boxing gloves on a few times, and I have definitly lost a few rounds, but I think the thread has given validity on the discussion both for and against.

Although it's a topic for another thread, I totally agree " it was enlightning to see the public reactions to the claim that Iraq was hiding a large amount of weapons of mass destruction" . Everything thus takes us back to the question of " government" trying mastery over the minds of its citizens.

So to conclude FREE discussion, should never be mocked or ridiculed,. Which is why as I said earlier, I am delighted as a consequence of starting this thread and my boy of 10 mentioning the subject in class," Young citizens" are going to debate the subject as a school project.

The Rebel.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I'm sorry, did someone say Wernher Von Braun was NOT a member of the SS?

I would love to see the source for that bit of info, that is new to me.

• prologos
    prologos
    freemindsfade: here is the question:

prologos8 hours ago
    The Rebel15 minutes ago

NAZI scientists NASSA ,

was Werner von Braun a member of the SS? or merely the NSFlyingCorps? You could not hold any job in Germany without belonging to an affiliate of the NS partei. Your spelling NASA like the SS does not make it so.

If you have picture of an "SS mann" as a fanatical no-holds-barred" warrior, von Brown was not one of them. Like all workers during that time, you had to belong to an affiliate of the Nazi party I was "voluntary compulsion" had he been given a choice he perhaps would have picked the NS Flying Club. Did he even don the uniform?

Had Ronald Reagan known that Werner was in the SS, he would have visited his grave too.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Did he even don the uniform?

In the black there behind Heinrich Himmler, so to answer your question: Yes, he did.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    My previous questions were raised, because in MY opinion, by employing ex NAZI scientists NASSA lost their ability to be trusted as an organisation of integrity

Why? What do you think being a member of the Nazi party meant? What do you think ex-Nazi party members were supposed to do with their life?

However I think that is a separate issue from my above point

It is literally the exact same issue.

In answer I would say I have had to put my boxing gloves on a few times, and I have definitly lost a few rounds, but I think the thread has given validity on the discussion both for and against.

So far there has been no debate for you to lose. All that's happened is you have asked a lot of questions without doing any research and promoted some conspiracy theories, all while studiously avoided any sort of quality thinking and educating yourself from reliable sources on the subject while suggesting other fact and evidence free ideas.

As it stands, the only thing this thread has shown is a dire need to begin education on critical thinking at an early age.

Everything thus takes us back to the question of " government" trying mastery over the minds of its citizens.

And this is one of those example of a lack of critical thinking.

So to conclude FREE discussion, should never be mocked or ridiculed,. Which is why as I said earlier, I am delighted as a consequence of starting this thread and my boy of 10 mentioning the subject in class," Young citizens" are going to debate the subject as a school project.

Well, yes, it's absolutely appropriate to mock discussion if it is deserving of it. Also, unless they're being taught how to evaluate evidence and quality thinking skills first, any "debate" like that (because there is no debate) will simply serve to make a lot of those kids dumber.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I wondered also whether they had lost the footage of these other landings and whether they had been examined closely by more knowledgeable persons as to their authenticity.

If you are truly interested instead of "just asking questions", it would be trivially easy to find that out.

Many years later and neither of us believe that this first moon landing by man is real. To be specific, what we saw as children on Television was not real.

First, why is television randomly capitalized? Second, you're opinion is wrong. There are mountains of evidence proving you wrong.

They had so much to gain by faking it.

What, specifically, did they have to gain?

We are not scientists and even if we were we would still need to have worked or have knowledge of this specialized field. I say this because it means that there are not a great deal of people who would be qualified enough to say whether the moon landing in 1969 was possible and whether the USA had the capability to do so at the time.

They are hundreds of thousands of people qualified to say, and they all say "yes, we did".

It is amazing how NASA managed to have the event televised around the World onto our Television with very little problems. For years after it was very difficult to transmit live from overseas, it wasn't a common event and rarely went smoothly.

These are two completely unrelated topics.

It was enlightening to see the public reaction to the claim that Iraq was hiding a large amount of weapons of mass destruction. It wasn't worth the angst in trying to tell others that we were being lied to but to see them agreeing to send people over there to fight a war was shocking. Unfortunately the propaganda machine is much more powerful than a few doubters.

Also an unrelated topic. However, there was at the time plenty of opposition to the Iraq invasion and belief that the government was not being honest.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Viviane: Also, unless they're being taught how to evaluate evidence and quality thinking skills first, any "debate" like that (because there is no debate) will simply serve to make a lot of those kids dumber.

Yes but being dumber seems to be a quality that is in demand and may be a marketable skill these days. As evidenced by 400 or so posts in this subject area!

Take care all.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Yes but being dumber seems to be a quality that is in demand and may be a marketable skill these days. As evidenced by 400 or so posts in this subject area!

Sadly, I've no choice but to agree with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit