Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Good point. I think sometimes the shenanigans involved, small dishonesties become huge "cover ups". And the tin foil hats go on.

There is no conspiracy about jfk. ;)

Never stab fiends in the back.

• scary21
    scary21

When I think of conspiracy theories, I think of the Tuskegee syphilis conspiracy .

I saw on you-tube...10 conspiracy theories that turned out to be true....( have to research that )

In the 80's I had one of my own, involving the police.

I just what to thank Vivanne and others here, for helping me think. This is like a class at school. You guys give me a lot of homework. LOL

HUGs, Sherry

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Freemindfade:- " And another thing there seems to be an inclusive assumption that believing a conspiracy theory regardless of what it is = some sort of brain washing"

The Rebel :-agreed. I clearly stated in my O.P I was 50/50. Basically because I hadn't done any real research on the subject. That's why I bought the debate up to learn. Personally I think not questioning things and blindly accepting as fact what we are told is naive. Finally things are rarely black or white, and on few things can we be 100%. I imagine a wise a man who thinks critically and questions all things is probably only 80% right.

Anyway regardless of if man landed on the moon or not, as I said on another post personally I would rather the money had been spent feeding and clothing the poor of the world, which would have been paid for many times over if we didn't waste so much money on exploring outer space, nuclear weapons and defence.

Anyone agree/ disagree?

off topic being a new member on this site and browsing around I discovered a great thread by " Compound and Complex" it's the called " The Natural Beauty of My Neighbourhood" .It doesn't have as much melodrama as this thread, but I would reccomend it.

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I clearly stated in my O.P I was 50/50. Basically because I hadn't done any real research on the subject. That's why I bought the debate up to learn. Personally I think not questioning things and blindly accepting as fact what we are told is naive.

So decided it's 50/50 while having zero information is somehow a good thing?

I don't think so. Questioning required the knowledge and effort to form a question. There is such a thing as a dumb question.

Anyway regardless of if man landed on the moon or not, as I said on another post personally I would rather the money had been spent feeding and clothing the poor of the world, which would have been paid for many times over if we didn't waste so much money on exploring outer space, nuclear weapons and defence.
    Anyone agree/ disagree?

First, it could have paid for many things for the poor, not would have paid for things for the poor. Second, NASA didn't develop nuclear weapons, that is a false classification. Third, exploring and learning about the world us around isn't wasting money.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Our progress technologically is important. I have to agree with Viv it's not a waste of money.

The problem is that often for the great minds to get the backing to undertake monuments things it takes a some alterior motive of those holding the money and power to get it done so it may make progress appear selfishly driven sometimes. But really sometimes you just gotta play along to get what you want. Why do you think Von Braun and so many great German scientist were SS?

The goals of the science and politics sometimes get mired together when really it's just a whorsih relationship. Like religion and politics :)

At least science accomplishes something

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks Viv:-

A) I didn't mean to imply that NASSA developed nuclear weapons.

B) I agree spending money to explore and learn things about the world around us isn't wasting money. ( sorry if you felt that was the point I made)

C) I understand there is such a thing as a dumb question, I accept my mind on occasion works feebly, even badly. But even the uneducated are allowed to raise dumb questions on this forum. ( Unfortunately education was something many of us were denied as witnesses)

freemindfade:-

I think your point " to undertake monumentous things it ( often) takes ulterior motives of those holding the money and power " an interesting point. How relevant do you think that point is with the moon landing?

The Rebel.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

In the moon landing there were huge implications, this is really where conspiracy begins, usually someone has a hinky feeling about the driving force behind something and they say something stinks. Especially those who have ever been involved in anything where you would do anything to win. Or anything to see your agenda through.

this is an interesting read for anyone who has the time

http://www.usni.org/magazines/navalhistory/2008-02/truth-about-tonkin

But again just because someone has a bad feeling, or the because science gets in bed with politics/business doesn't mean it was all a lie. I moon landing was a big deal, thats why I jokingly call it the technological jesus. From a PR standpoint, all these things we talk about as conspiracy theories, in the moment little lies may have happened, of facts got fudged or who knows what, its not an indication of a bigger conspiracy, probably just over zeal.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks freemindfade that was an interesting link on " The Gulf of Tonkin"

May I ask YOU " freemindfade" do you think the Appollo programme distracted from Vietnam?

modern day " Oooh so that's why we were over there, and it wasn't an act of terrorism, and it wasn't for the oil"

The Rebel.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    It was a distraction from everything, it was the high point of a tumultuous decade. Even though I was not there, I think it would be naive to say it didn't do some reuniting and morale boosting for 'Merica.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    It was a distraction from everything, it was the high point of a tumultuous decade. Even though I was not there, I think it would be naive to say it didn't do some reuniting and morale boosting for 'Merica.

If only there were some way to look at see what public opinion was at the time of the space race, when it started, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit