Adrenalin fuelled vent

by scotsman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
    scotsman

I last went to a meeting in April. That night there was to be a local needs talk that had recieved much hype - everyone had to be there, it was going to be very important blah de blah. Was it the date of Armageddon they were about to reveal? No, it was a talk about me. I'd resigned from being an elder a year previously, stopped for 6 months then gone back for 6 months just to make sure I was doing the right thing. I spent that 6 months just listening at the meetings, not answering or going door to door, I didn't talk to anybody about what i thought, I did decline a bible study, and then I went to visit an old friend who had left 10 years ago. This can't have been liked. The local needs talk that was given talked about those who don't participate blah de blah and may have recently started to associate with former witnesses - avoid them. They're bad associates. In fact, it was that scripture 1cor whatever that the elder started with. I knew it was me. My mother knew it was me. Everybody knew it was me and avoided eye contact when the meeting was over. That week I'd told my mother that the next meeting would be my last. And did I choose a great last meeting.

Nobody came to see me afterwards but my mother was livid and got the elders round who played it down and said it was just a general talk. I kept out of it all. She didn't take it but after a month or two of anger she knew she couldn't beat them so has got on with her life as a witness.

I'm gay. I now have a boyfriend. And word seems to have reached the elders ears and the presiding overseer, stupidly, asked his son if he has met my boyfriend. His son is an xjw and immediately told me that i'd better beware.

The adrenalin? It makes me expletive deleted furious that after 8 months they are nosing about my life. And the fact that after 8 months i can so quickly be plunged back in to a mindset that i want to leave behind. I keep imagining those jumped up punks asking to meet with me to sort out some rumours and it makes me quake with fury. I have no qualms about denying it. I don't want to da myself as i have no respect for their organisation and I don't want to be dfed because i love my family and don't want them to be put in that position of having to exclude me. I could walk off to an entirely new life, albeit having cut out a piece of my heart, but they'd be left with that nasty big void. Up to now my family have been pretty decent about my decision, and my sexuality we don't discuss.

Now, I'm waiting for a call that may never come. And the next few years may be spent like this. It makes my blood simmer. But should that call come I'll have to be ice cool.

I've ranted for longer than I meant. oops.

sorry for that bad word, it must be the adrenalin.

Edited by - scotsman on 8 December 2002 19:4:10

Edited by - Englishman on 8 December 2002 19:22:25

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Scotsman

They do make the blood boil don't they !

I remember sitting through a 'marking' talk about me with my Dad who was visiting sat next to me. I would have loved to have heckled, lol.

• Francois
    Francois

Personally, I think I would identify the elder that's pushing your case and sneak up on him in a dark place and beat the snot out of him (don't forget your cat burglar suit). Never ID yourself. Kick his ass into next year and leave him bleeding. See if he gets the hint.

I've been out over 25 years. If I found they were sneaking around my business, you can bet I'd kick someone's ass up around their ears as soon as I could arrange it.

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( scotsman )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• scotsman
    scotsman

I felt like shouting "just name me why don't you" rather than let them baffle all the old dears who were oblivious to what was going on. Or saunter down to sit in the front row grinning at the fascist.

But that was then and this is now and I'd rather knock their blocks off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit