Indignation over IBM

by Norm 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Norm
    Norm

A person over at WOL (retcon) is apparently very indignant about IBM supplying the Nazi’s with equipment for the administration of some of the concentration camps in Nazi Germany. This equipment was used to classify the prisoners in the camps, and he mention that the IBM equipment helped kill between 700,000 and 1,2 million people. He is of course appalled at the "corporate greed" shown by IBM.

He is also totally ignorant about Watchtower Society history and has never given much thought to what happens if the “Good News” he’s “spreading” should ever happen.

It must be very disturbing for Brooklyn, which has been a very good customer for IBM during the years. Now all Jehovah's Witnesses have to throw out all those pesky IBM computers. Yeah, right! This poor guy don’t know that Brooklyn is heavily involved with the “evil” IBM:

*** g84 4/22 23 MEPS-An Exciting Leap Forward in Publishing ***
    To meet these needs, one team of Witnesses began work in Brooklyn on a system that employed a large IBM mainframe computer as well as IBM text entry terminals and an Autologic corporation phototypesetter. Nearly a hundred miles away at Watchtower Farms near Wallkill, New York, the other team started work on an in-house-produced system they called MEPS. In Brooklyn the team developed excellent programs, or software, using principally IBM equipment, or hardware. IBM later called this program the “Integrated Publishing System,” or IPS. The respected Seybold Report on Publishing Systems, Volume 12, No. 1, September 13, 1982, commented:
    “IBM is trying once again to increase its presence in the industry, and the vehicle by which it hopes to do so is an interesting package called the ‘Integrated Publishing System’ (IPS). IPS was not developed by IBM,” the report acknowledges, but “[by] Watchtower, the publishing arm of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, where it was created primarily for their internal use.”
    Like MEPS, IPS is a multilanguage system, expandable to handle any of the world’s languages. Publications in over 90 languages have already been produced at Brooklyn headquarters using IPS. Because of its size and flexibility, some 140 terminals use the system with instant access to its data base of shared information.

The Watchtower Society is now using the IBM equipment in a similar way, as the Nazi’s to classify mankind into Jehovah's Witnesses and non-Jehovah's Witnesses. That way Jehovah will know who to exterminate and who to protect.

*w89 9/1 19 - 7 Only Jehovah's Witnesses,those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4)

Jehovah will then be able to kill over 6 billion people instead of the measly few millions Hitler was able kill with the aid of IBM.

Yeah, Jehovah will kill 6+ billon people, real soon, any time now! If that isn’t Good News I don’t know what is folks! Hallelujah! I guess retcon newer thought much about that.

Norm.

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate

norm - i hope none of them are driving bmw's or utilising any SIEMENS products/services either - both were recipients of concentration camp slave labor during ww2 both jewish and jw

BADASSOCIATE

• Francois
    Francois

Right on Norm.

The path that leads to righteousness may indeed be narrow, but it is wide enough to accomodate all who wish to walk there, JW or not.

The JWs hold that since you wouldn't place a "puppy dog's tail in the fire" that God wouldn't sponsor a place like hell.

Well, I wouldn't kill any of my children if they failed to behave just like I wanted them to either. So using the JWs own logic, there can't ever be an Armageddon.

Sigh! Trying to deal with a cult and its members is just like dealing with a big adult with severe mental illness.

No one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of Jehovah's Witnesses

• jelly
    jelly

Norm,
    The self rightous behavior of witnesses never ceases to amaze me. It seems like they always try to paint corporations, worldly people, etc as negative and evil regradless of the situation. Did this guy actually think that Hitler showed up at IBM headquarters and informend them that he needed a machine for killing jews,etc and asked them what they had that would help. Industry cant be held accountable for what people do with their product, IBM probably thought the machines they were saleing them were going to be used for what they were designed for, harmless census work.

Jelly

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    Sigh! Trying to deal with a cult and its members is just like dealing with a big adult with severe mental
    illness.

Truer words were never spoken, Francoise...

Essie

• larc
    larc

jelly made a good point. At that time IBM was selling office machines, it was before the days of large mainframe computers, where you had to have someone on cite to install equipment. To say that a company sells office equipement to any customer and then is blamed for how they use it, is the height of foolishness. I suppose that IBM should be implicated with the Mafia as well because they used office equipement.

Regarding the people at WOL, there is no point in being ignorant unless you can show it off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit