Looking for friends Chicago area

by sableindian 5 Replies latest jw friends

• sableindian
    sableindian

Anybody know anyone from Chicago, North Chicago or Waukegan (aka Peyton Place)?

Also Los Angeles from the Moriningside congregation?

Qelilah

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Qelilah,

You might try posting this under 'Desperately Seeking/Reunions' section of this Board.

Hope you find who you're looking for.

Outaservice

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Too bad you did not post this a few months ago.

I posted looking for people from Chicago but felt very much alone on this board.

I was born and raised a 3rd generation JW in the Chicago area. My grandfather served as an elder over 45 years. I was baptized at age 12 and went on to read at book study, conduct field service from time to time, carry the mics, auxiliary pioneer, etc.

I knew quite a few people from Chicago circuits because I volunteered at assemblies at Romeoville etc. and having prominent family members with titles yada yada...

I have since moved to Florida and dont plan on going back.

Good luck in your search.

• Lin
    Lin

I used to live in Chicago and attended the Palatine Congregation for many years and then moved south and attended the Burbank Congregation for about three years, then moved to Texas.

Romeoville...now that brings back memories!

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Chicago?I live NE of Macomb,Illinois

• sableindian
    sableindian

Well, I'm not familiar with Macombe, I think I know someone from Palatine, I went to Romeoville a couple of times. But also went on 79th and Ashland and my ex-husband's circuit was in Janesville, Wisconsin.

I will take your advice and head to the reunion. But you know how it is when you're married. No one will remember me unless I mention my ex-husband....like I couldn't exist without him. Yeah, right. (Oooh, Brother So and So's wife.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit