A Poll - Watchtower's Favorite Bible Heroes

by jgnat 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Of all the bible heroes, who are the Watchtower's favorites? I have a hunch, but I want to hear what you think first. I pulled this list from Hebrews 11:3-39.

A. Tell me who you think are the top five heroes the Watchtower Society champions, and

B. Who do you think the WTS ignores?

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially to the sin that so easily hinders our progress. Hebrews 12:1 NLT
    1. Abel
    2. Enoch
    3. Noah
    4. Abraham
    5. Isaac
    6. Jacob
    7. Sarah
    8. Joseph
    9. Moses
    10. people of Israel
    11. Rahab the prostitute
    12. Gideon
    13. Barak
    14. Samson
    15. Jepthah
    16. David
    17. Samuel
    18. ("all the prophets" in Hebrews...what follows are my list of the major ones) Ahijah
    19. Elijah
    20. Micaiah
    21. Jehu
    22. Obadiah
    23. Elisha
    24. Joel
    25. Jonah
    26. Amos
    27. Hosea
    28. Micah
    29. Isaiah
    30. Nhum
    31. Zephaniah
    32. Jeremiah
    33. Habakkuk
    34. Daniel
    35. Ezekiel
    36. unknown martyrs

C. Do you have a favorite hero and why?

Edited by - jgnat on 7 December 2002 12:33:36

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, I really want to know. Any one got some thoughts? All right, I go first. I think the five top WT heroes are:

• Noah - that saintly man busy building Jehovah's boat while everyone else ignored him and partied on. Poor, poor Noah...
    • Job! Who can forget Job! He didn't even make the Hebrew list... Another miserable man.
    • Daniel - love that end-time prophecy!
    • Isaiah - same reason!
    • Ezekiel - same reason.

C. Do you have a favorite hero and why?

I like David. He spoke his mind. He "went ahead" of his elder brothers and sensibly killed a giant. He did not sit around in his King's court waiting to get his head lopped off. He had a fine sense of self-preservation. He sang his troubles away. He taught me how to handle depression.

Edited by - jgnat on 7 December 2002 18:54:32

• rebel
    rebel

You didn't answer part B - who does the WT ignore?

Also - are we only uing those from the OT?

My answers are:

A.David,Daniel,Abraham,Moses,Isaac

B. Jesus (Is he allowed?)

C.My favourite Bible character is Zacchaeus because I like short men! (Luke 19:2-10)

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are right, I forgot part B. I think the WTS ignores David. But I might be wrong. I have only seen articles in the last few years. Ignore Jesus???? You might be right. I made my list directly from Hebrews, just to show that the WTS is selective on the heroes it profiles. Sure, pick any hero you like.

Yeah, Zacchaeus is a pretty cool dude, too. Do you think a partying, worldly man like him would be welcome at the local KH these days?

BTW, thanks for being the first to respond to my poll!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit