How to overthrow their belief?

by czarofmischief 8 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My mother still believes. She's made me mad enough that I want to disprove her religion, remorselessly and without fear. I want to write a pamphlet, a long long letter, starting from every crack and cranny of Russell's pyramidology to... well, basically I want to say JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE WRONG AND HERE IS WHY!

and then I'll make her read it, and if she still swallows their lies, so be it.

What should I put in there?

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

How are you going to MAKE her read it? Force her? Perhaps try a different approach.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Problem is you aint dealing with logical or rational people - How can you present an argument under those circumstances.

Example of JW logic "Let god be true although every man be a lier"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Burning bush. Seriously.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Czar,

Bible studies were slow..one lesson at a time....little by little...usualy topped off with a big dose of what felt like unconditional love and understanding.

Truthfully I believe everyone who studied with me felt that's what they were giving me too...LOVE.

That's what your Mom needs.

Do just blow outta the water her belief system will only make things worse.

Like a cannon ball in the side of a ship....you will cause your relationship with your mom will sink.

You can only get her out the way she was brought in.

Slowly...kindly....and patiently.

I know it's hard for us world domination types but, this is your mom ....I know you can do it.

agape,

bye bye 4 now

Utopian_Raindrops

Remember....the best way to win the war....is with small percise surprise attacks

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I never have, nor will I expend my energies to change my mom and daughter. I have my life to live. As the saying goes, you can 'lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it'.

Guest 77

• link
    link

Czar,

Even if you provided absolute and irrefutable proof that every single one of their beliefs and doctrines was totally and completely incorrect and wrong, they would still believe them.

Dont waste your time and effort. Believe me Im talking from experience here.

link

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Thank you Utopian. I needed a shower of your raindrops.

Yeah, I got into quite an argument with her. She meandered from topic to topic. So I just lost it.

Thank you everybody. I feel better now.

CZAR

• avishai
    avishai

Czar, I did succeed over a very long period of time. Like U.R said, it's a slow process, one small point at a time. Also I find the Socratic method very helpful, quesioning them calmly about ther beliefs until they trip themselves up.

As per Guest77s remark, try this one. You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit