Equilibrium the movie (Matrix like action)

by Yizuman 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Here's a movie that I think jdubs can relate as much as jdubs can relate to the Matrix.

It has some really cool reviews and I'm gonna go see it.

Check out the review at...

http://www.chud.com/news/oct02/oct28equilibrium.php3

• dobby
    dobby

I just saw this yesterday.

There are many interesting parallels to the witnesses and cultlike organizations in general. They even call their leader "Father" and the enforcers of the laws are called the Clerics of the Tetragramaton. No one is allowed to feel the highs and lows of human emotions because they take a drug at regular intervals to suppress feelings. All forms of art are forbidden. No one has pets - even puppies are killed on sight. They are taught it is a small price to pay - giving up the highs of human emotion so as to avoid the darker emotions that lead to war and killing. However, of course they are still murdering people who rebel and commit "sense crimes".

Some action scenes were laughable, but overall a very good movie. It makes you think and makes you very thankful to not be a part of the borg anymore.

And Christian Bale and Taye Diggs are HOT HOT HOT!

• Mystla
    Mystla

I've been waiting forever for this and now I can't find at any local theaters. I may have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Mystla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit