Handling of child abuse 2003 in the UK

by Jim Dee 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

N ews just filtering in

The society will be announcing to Elders ONLY that Child Abuse in the UK is to be handled differently in 2003 in the UK

It is well in the advanced planning stage that "Regional teams of specially trained Elders" (as with the HLC, Building Committees and Press ) teams -planned for 2 teams of 4 elders per circuit (total 8) - are being formed to handle and hear any and all child abuse, alleged child abuse and historical child abuse cases. These elders will also co-ordinate with the Police "Child Abuse" and social services unit in the same way as the HLC do - i.e. be seen by the authorities to be taking pro-active stance.

The Elders are to be chosen on experience, empathy and consideration. The CO's are trawling the local Elders now and are reporting back VERBALLY before the end of December the names of Brothers they are recommending. Training of these Brothers is planned to take place at Bowes Road, Bristol Assembly Hall, Manchester MTS Center and Pennine Hall - none of these meetings is planned to take place in Bethel.

The Society is taking these steps quietly (i.e. no massive announcement at this stage) because to announce this action could mean an admission they they have mishandled cases. It would also point to the apostates having highlighted an area of weakness in the earthly organisation and this would not fit in to Jehovahs good name being vindicated. It will however give a good witness to any other reports of child abuse and enable a more caring human side being shown to the congregation of God - and enable child abusers to be "rooted out" of Jehovahs clean congregation and allow child to be safe in Jehovahs house once again.

My view - well done to Bill Bowen , NOW will the GB admit they got it wrong!!

Jim

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

NOW will the GB admit they got it wrong!!

erm..., that would be no.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Amazing!!! a small step in the right direction. Of course this has nothing to do with the lies the media and apostates have been spreading about God's clean spirit-directed organization. Wonder if this will happen in the U.S. as well.

• termite 35
    termite 35
    it would also point to the apostates having highlighted an area of weakness in the earthly organisation and this would not fit in to Jehovahs good name being vindicated...

Why don't we advertise it then?

A few fliers (distribution details to be arranged) would let witnesses know that God is'nt working at all in their man- made org.It would'nt take much- just a printer and the above info along with a few well chosen words, minus the name at the bottom

I agree with know2much - ((( sorry to hear of your past))))

they should have decided to hand all abuse cases over to the authorities instead of handling them themselves - that action proves that they have no idea how victims need to be treated - hav'nt they learnt anything?

just the fact that the new groups are to be per circuit makes you feel they know the extent of the problem- are they expecting many more do you think????

Edited to add

actually, with your permission Jim, I'd like to send this info to the police, social services and kidscape-theey may decide to investigate their policies and maybe make a few suggestions

Edited by - termite 35 on 6 December 2002 18:32:45

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit