Wow, this is a weird place!

by markhoback 8 Replies latest jw friends

• markhoback
    markhoback

But interesting, and I plan on looking around a good bit.

Question for some of you folks that have been members for a while. What do you find to be the more interesting forums/topics here?

thanks in advance,

Mark

• Gopher
    Gopher

I enjoy some of the topics below the most:

-- Dealing with relatives who are still JW's and shun you to some extent (or entirely)

-- Some of the crazy/inconsistent doctrines that JW's teach (and updates on those doctrines from members of this board who still attend JW meetings)

-- Experiences that people had while they were JW's (interesting in retrospect)

-- How people deal with post-JW life and manage to keep sanity

-- And current JW scandals like the Pedophilia cover-ups exposed on Dateline NBC, and also the secret connection the society had through 2001 as a United Nations-affiliated NGO (non governmental organization).

How about you? What brings you to the board? What do you find interesting here?

Edited by - Gopher on 6 December 2002 12:31:2

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Its all good, mark! Hang on and enjoy the ride Bro.......

• Imbue
    Imbue

Hi Mark,

I'm familar with your blog because Jan has your link posted. http://blogs.salon.com/0001561/

Question for some of you folks that have been members for a while. What do you find to be the more interesting forums/topics here? The favorite topic of discussion here is to bitch about the JWs and boobies.

Edited by - imbue on 6 December 2002 12:14:57

• heathen
    heathen

There is definately a hodgepode of just about anything .You name it .

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Hey check this out!

This is why I am nutty... not sure about the others...

Folks, check out Mark's blog, he is a good writer, also has a nice online novel he wrote...

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I enjoy reading experiences of people moving on with their lives. Life has a lot to offer, and we need to seize as many opportunities as we can otherwise we remain in a neutral mode. More should think of the song, "Move Ahead" that we use to sing at our KH's. Of course having the financial means helps a lot.

Guest 77

• markhoback
    markhoback

Thanks All,

I'll be back. Even after seeing MrMoe's special page. (plus Salon doesn't have these stupid little heads to play with.

Mark

p.s. You think my picture makes me look fat? Honestly now.

Edited by - markhoback on 6 December 2002 17:1:26

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

No Mark, you are a sexy bitch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit