Is it just me.....

by DIAMOND 5 Replies latest jw friends

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Is it just me or is it perfectly fine for a brother to take a 3 day or 5 day or 10 day cruise and miss up to 2 weeks worth of meetings and nothing is said. But if a brother misses a month of Sundays to work to put food on the table or make the rent, he is counsled. Does this make sense. Its ok to miss meetings to relax but not to survive.

Diamond

• metatron
    metatron

so, he has money and you don't

typical for many congregations these days

metatron

• benext
    benext

Many groups of witnesses arrange cruises where they have their daily text and WT study while back home the hall is half empty. Everything done by the in crowd is easily explained away.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

"Life is not fair. Anyone who tells you life is fair is trying to sell you something." From The Princess Bride (the book, not the movie).

Love,

Nina

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

The last 2 couples I heard of that went on a cruise recently..were burned up in a taxi . It wrecked with a tractor trailer in Florida....A tragic story.

The way the JW's teach though..It would seem they should all pool their money and share . That way all will be equal. If one can't afford to go on a cruise..none of them should!...At least that was what I got out of the bible teachings!

Snoozy....

• kelpie
    kelpie
    cruzanheart "Life is not fair. Anyone who tells you life is fair is trying to sell you something." From The Princess Bride (the book, not the movie).

I just love princess bride. It is one of my all time favorite movies.. I am trying to get hold of the book to read it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit