Mum needs help - Part 2!

by LostinSpace 3 Replies latest jw friends

• LostinSpace
    LostinSpace

Hi,

Thanks to all that responded to my post yesterday...it helped a lot....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41622&site=3

Unfortunately my mother seems to have been to a meeting last night and was a complete stranger to me on the telephone last night - she has never been like that to me before - I was shocked - but i didnt "rock the boat" any more - I was calm and was compasionate, but mum was defensive and defending her beleifs and stating that i must of been mis-informed by someone about their religion. To me this wasn't my mum - but she was just a puppet saying what she's been "told" to say by someone from KH - Im adamant about that (i think i know her very well).

Anyway, at least the conversation ended well, where I now have an opportunity to WRITE (yes, you heard it) WRITE my concerns in a letter and send it to her....my first thoughts were great...hopefully she'll be able to meet me halfway and see where Im coming from...then it dawned on me..."what if she is being told what to say" - then my letter would be defended by another JW (or maybe herself.....).

This is where (hopefully) you guy's come in...where so I start?...I dont want to be over-informative in the letter - this would look like weird I think......

Id like to write all the good stuff about my mum in the letter, be positive about our relationship, what we can build on etc etc, and just put a few thoughts here and there for her to ponder over about the WTBS and other issues like Blood...which issues would you as exJW's put in there....remember the issue's that first made you think about the integrity of the whole org?..

As some of you mentioned yesterday....nice and easy....slowly...

Hope u can help...

D

PS. It's been refreshing reading all the posts this morning...yip Ive read nearly every single one, (sorry for "lurking"!!) and i look back at my days being dragged into the KH as a child and remember little things that have happened to me (and they seem to still happen even now around the world)...and I love the passion and enthusiasm that everyone seems to have - I beleive that you are all "free" and are now enjoying life to the full...heroes in your own litte way...

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I reckon you'd have to mention false prophecies.

PLUS - the unacceptable "attitute" of ANYONE who would press one ounce more pressure or demands on any victim of sexual abuse - particularly for their own appearance sake - a clear cause of disgrace to God / His name and people turning away from anything to do with "christian" things - the type of people who don't apologise for such things make themselves and what they tout for completely unacceptable.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 4 December 2002 6:48:54

• rebel
    rebel

Hi,

If it was my mum, I would ask her to just stop for a moment and be honest with herself. Then ask her if she has any doubts in her mind about her beliefs. Is there a nagging, uneasy feeling in the back of her mind somewhere? That is how it started with me - I felt more and more uneasy about what I was being taught, the attitude of some in the KH, the failed prophecies etc etc. I kept putting them to the back of my mind until they wouldn't stay at the back anymore. Take it really slowly and be gentle. I remember what I was told to do as a JW if I was ever studying with someone who had strong religious beliefs. Don't knock down their beliefs until you have built some boulders to support them first - like when you knock down a wall to build an extension or something. You first put in supports to hold up the ceiling, and then you knock the old walls down gently. So first, you give them something concrete to believe in, and then you slowly draw them away from their old beliefs. This is quite good advice considering it comes from JWs. In the case of your mum, tell her all the positive reasons that you can think of for staying out of the org-let her know how much better a person you will be. Don't just go in there with a sledgehammer and knock her beliefs to pieces overnight - it will hurt her too much. Take it gently. Hope all goes well

xxR

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Let the Watchtower's own words speak for themselves. If you question anything it's from Satan.

Go here http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

And cut and paste the Watchtower's own quotes into your letter. Be very mild. Use the quote about Jesus being the mediator for only 144,000 (under the Mediator) heading, and then maybe one or two of their most famous flipflops, like whether or not rape is fornication.

If you like, draft something up and post it, and let us fellow apostates have a whack at it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit