Why I have renounced Atheism and become a believer again

by cantleave 39 Replies latest social humour

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Punky, do not concern yourself with the mysterious ways in which HE makes his presence known. Just meditate on his noodiy appendages and meaty balls.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    “Humans are pattern-seeking story-telling animals, and we are quite adept at telling stories about patterns, whether they exist or not.”
    Michael Shermer

Patterns in snow or a cloud or even an interstellar cloud are not actually noodles.

"To understand is to perceive patterns."
    - The Imaginary Foundation

Now this explains quite a bit. It reminds us that "understanding" means figuring out (or seeing) how things fit together. We extract meaning from chaos by spotting patterns. We then assign it as the signal in the noise. Believers in religion do the same thing. They find a pattern in the chaos and see meaning.

What if there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster? What if it's just your desire to see a signal in the noise? What if pointing out the average global temperature vs. the total number of pirates is just the use of faulty logic?

And Punk, I found it in toast:

• cantleave
    cantleave
    OTWO - I don't care what you believe -I KNOW, I have felt HIS noodly appendage and it made me rejoice. The evidence for HIM is abundant everywhere.
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

I am always moved by evidence of his noodly appendage.

http://cdn.niketalk.com/6/66/200x200px-ZC-66e486cf_crying-man.gif

• freemindfade
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Lol funny thread.............but Angus in all seriousness you can't answer my questions about my beliefs in a creator and you're the most academically qualified atheist I have spoken to....I bet Richard Dawkins doesn't have an answer for me either.

There is evidence for a creator in the way that enantiomers are formed...........it had to be a guided process.

Kate xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Kate, I take it you mean your question regarding protein homo-chirality? I have put a couple of hypothesis' to you, but just because the actual mechanism of how homo-chirality occurred in living things is not known, doesn't mean it was done by a magical man in the sky.

Saying that the FSM must have employed his noodly appendages to achieve it somehow.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Saying that the FSM must have employed his noodly appendages to achieve it somehow.- Angus

Lol exactly Occam's razor............the simplest explanation must be the right one.

Kate xx

• punkofnice
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I wane be touched by his noodly appendage...

...gently, oh so gently...

...then a little rougher...

x

BTW, at first glance, I thought the pic in the OP was of Cthulu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit