was Jesus a woman?

by spinner 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• spinner
    spinner

Parousia: translated in the New World Translation as the "presence" of Jesus.

Zodhiates Greek Wordstudy Dictionary states:

#3844-- Para: alongside, nearby, expressing the notion of immediate vicinity

#3776--Ousia: fem. noun from ousa (nf) being, entity, essence, substance-female ending

This root word is a male/female gender noun as Matthew 5:11 epi ousion

( substance upon) is modifying arton, "bread" (masc. noun, with

a masc. ending) #1909 epi: to, on upon

Conclusion: Either Jesus was a female, or this is translated wrong,

and it means the "woman alongside, who belongs to Jesus"

spin

Edited by - spinner on 3 December 2002 21:13:38

• Calvinist02
    Calvinist02

Jesus was NOT a women. 1Timothy 2:8-12 "...I do not allow a women to teach or exercize authority over a man..." Jesus definately exercised authority over men, so he must be a man.

There are 2 different Greek words referring to the word "man"

1. anthropos= mankind</P>

2. andros= male</P>

The latter is used in 1Timothy. That is just one simple example. What about all the references to Jesus

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Jesus couldn't have been a woman because he had a beard. Well, except in the Watchtower. He didn't have a beard in the Watchtower so perhaps he was a woman. WOW, I never thought of that possibility. Now that I think about it, Jesus and Michael Jackson look alike in the Watchtower.

• Roddy
    Roddy

C'mon, Jesus was a man!

LOL

• Calvinist02
    Calvinist02

How could you ever even think of this question? "Jesus was a women" He was a man!

I just can't believe..... oh boy.... unthinkable! :)

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

YES Jesus was a woman...But he had a sex change

• SYN
    SYN

Jesus couldn't possibly have been a woman. That would mean that the entire patriarchal structure would have been screwed! DOH! If you think that men living 2000 years ago in Near-Eastern Asia would have made their prophet/son of God a woman, then you are direly mistaken. That was simply unthinkable back then, when women were viewed as little more than commodities. Get real, do some more research!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Was Jesus a man? I mean assuming he is/was the Son of God, would he not be asexual like angels?

or even, "was Jesus?" I mean, did he live anyway?

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Here lies the danger of merely parsing Greek words, with no concern for their contemporary context.

Paul uses the same word, of himself, in Phil.2:12. By the same token, should we take it that Paul was also a woman?

Sirona's comment, about gender, appears right on the nail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit