New User to this Forum and questions Continued

by Yizuman 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Apparently my posts don't bump up the topic to the top of this forum whenever I reply...so here's a link from my old post

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41566&page=1&site=3#577136

Hopefully the nice folks who welcomed me earlier yesterday can pick up where we left off....

I think some moderator needs to turn on the feature that allows topics to be bumped up, unless the moderator of this forum doesn't want that on purpose...

Hugs and Loves to everyone...

Yizuman

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hello Yizuman,

If you view everything through active topics it does get bumped up. And I enjoyed reading your post btw!

~Aztec

• Francois
    Francois

I can still remember some of the things my father said to me and it's been fifty years ago. And he's still alive. If I made a list it would be at least 40 or 50 items long. And the interesting thing is that all the things he called me, he was describing himself. Every time. I guess he was taking out his self-hate on me. And it worked until I was old enough to see all the things he said were perfect descriptions of himself.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    I can still remember some of the things my father said to me and it's been fifty years ago. And he's still alive. If I made a list it would be at least 40 or 50 items long. And the interesting thing is that all the things he called me, he was describing himself. Every time. I guess he was taking out his self-hate on me. And it worked until I was old enough to see all the things he said were perfect descriptions of himself.

I haven't thought of that, him viewing me as viewing himself. Except for one small detail, he's not deaf unlike me. *shrugs*

I have tried to confront my dad in regard to our past and the things that had effected me while growing up. He's in absolute denial that all of these things ever happened and that makes me wanna cry. I'm totally frustrated by the fact that I may never be able to get all this resolved before he dies.

I would like to be able to forgive him for all the rotten things he has done to be and I am aware of one MOST important aspect of scripture that Jesus said I need to forgive. Forgiving is the most important healing aspects of our lives, if we don't forgive, we'll never be able to heal. I wanna be healed, but it's so hard.

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Yizuman, welcome to the forum.

Just so you are aware - the topics only bump to the top on the active topics. On the individual subject areas they remain in the order that they were started in. It is not anything to do with moderators and works the same for everyone.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Ok, this board works WAY differently than I am used to. So I am not used to how this board works.

Thanks for the welcome tho.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Yiz,

I posted on the other thread, please be sure to read it.

Jes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit