Armenians seek help/holocaust/NGO from JWs

by Dogpatch 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The Armenian Community in England was wanting people to stop their exclusion in the Holocaust Remembrance Day and the Society is one of the organizations they wanted to be contacted. Check out the list of NGOs, etc. they want you to write at:

http://www.anca.org/anca/actionalerts.asp?aaID=16

or

http://www.anca.org/anca/actionalerts.asp

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• onthego
    onthego

One of the organizations listed is as you point out

-- Jehovah's Witnesses
    Public Affairs Office
    Watch Tower House
    The Ridgeway
    London NW7 1RN
    Tel: 020 8906 2211
    Fax: 020 8371 0051
    E-mail: [email protected]
    www.disc.co.uk/standfirm/

but I didn't notice it said "there" anyway that it (Watch Tower House) is an NGO with the UN now although the WBTS defintely was for 10 years. I'm not doubting at all that for example a branch corporation of the WBTS is still a UN NGO but maybe that's mentioned on another page. Also I doubt the WBTS cut all its ties to the UN when news of the linkage hit the internet. Doing it on paper is sometimes different from the reality.

Can you clear up some of this?

Edited by - onthego on 2 December 2002 21:17:24

Edited by - onthego on 2 December 2002 21:30:12

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Randy,

I have been writing the "Bible Students" this is my letter and then thier reply.....

----- Original Message ----- From: u r To: [email protected] Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 4:54 AM Subject: Wondering....

Please , I Am Wondering If Your Religious Group Is Mentioned At The Holocaust Museum? You Have The Same Roots As Jehovah Witness And Are Actually Religious Cousins. Hope You Don't Mind Me Saying That.

I Figure Since You are Around Not All The Bible Students Who Suffered The Holocaust Became JW. So If You Could Please E-Mail Me And Let Me Know.

Thanks,

Agape And Jah Bless,

U.R.

Thier reply....... This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]
    Date:Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:10:53 -0500
    From:"Bible Students" < [email protected]> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
    Subject:Re: Wondering....
    To:"u r" < [email protected]>

Dear Friend: Christian greetings. Unfortuantely, the Witnesses in Europe, particularly in Germany adopted the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" in the 1950s, up till then they were called "Ernest Bible Students", thus confusion with the independent BIble Students. Although the holocaust museum is aware that there were two Bible Student groups persecuted for their beliefs, they ave not made any chnages. Some of those listed as "Jehovah's Witnesses" are actually Bible Students, persecuted for their Zionist views. Hope this helps! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My question Randy is why is this so....that the WBTS would take credit for even persons that are not thier own members? They have enough marters to show a stand was made. This seems bad form to me. Do you know anything of this? Don't you think maybe we should all write the Holocaust museum and insist on accurate reprisentation? It would at least get some press if the subject were brought up....Don't you think? Make the brothers have to be honest on all things! Ty for listening. agape, bye bye 4 now Utopian_Raindrops

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit