They don't know we left

by imanaliento 6 Replies latest jw friends

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

our first congregation is about 350 miles and we moved to a new one 8 years ago. We kept in touch with the people that brought us in the truff over the years. like there was some special bonding.

we disassociated here in Aug, I guess it was announced in Sept. we thought that word would travel and our old congregation would get the news. I know they were trying to call us a few times, ( it showed up on the caller ID )but I never answered.

I Got a sweet letter today telling us of all the christian news up there and they'd like to know how we and the boys are, who the new CO is and so on.

question for you guys is : how do we break this to them.

1. by christmas card

2. christmas card with letter of how discusted we are at the WTS

3.don't have to do anything since we are miles away

4. or let the one girl up there we know who is disfellowshipped and found us on this board tell her parents and they can break the news.

sould be interesting, let me know what you think love IMA

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I would send them a Christmas card and some Christmas gifts along with an invitation to your Birthday party......

• freedom96
    freedom96

If you care about them, I would just say you have not been going. Fade away is best.

Otherwise, you can tell them, that sadly, due to what you have found out, this is not the true organization, and you are so sorry to have to tell them.

We should not have to be on the defense. If we just change the way we say it, I think it will go much further.

• Mary
    Mary

I would write back and tell them that, due to the disgusting policies of the religion, that you can not, in all good conscienous, go to a Kingdom Hall anymore...........

• shera
    shera

And send them a Christmas card with it

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

thanks guys,

on a more serious note; they've been very close to us, we've gone up there and stayed with them and they've come down here and stayed with us. so it's been a very supportive relationship. this is going to break their hearts, there will be tears and then anger.

this is the feeling I had when the date-line show aired and I read COC. We will just have to write them and try to tell them like it is. If we don't say anything they would for sure be down here persuading us to get on the ball again.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I think that I would probably send them a nice letter, updating them on family things, etc. and then casually mention to them that you really do not know who the CO is as you have not been to a meeting in a while. You can either leave it at that and let them question you further, opening the door to some future conversations about why you left, or you can subtly bring out the UN thing, pedophile thing or whatever it was that soured you on the organization.

If you send a Christmas card, they will automatically know something is up and probably throw it in the trash.

I guess it depends on if you want the relationship to continue or not.

Since they are responsible for you becoming witnesses, you might start out by telling them the things that attracted you to the witnesses, but that over time, it just wasn't what was originally presented to you.

Keep us posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit