Royal Commission Live Hearing Now

by LostinJapan 239 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• HeyThere
    HeyThere
    So this will be interesting....wonder what conversation good ol' Jackson is having right now. Can't wait to see what comes next! It's like waiting for the new season of your favorite show to start.
  • freddo
    freddo

Sadly he'll probably be on the next plane out. And although we won't see him on the stand. We will know that he has cut and run. No different from the trolley dollies packing up after being asked a tough question on the street corner.

Shame they can't prevent him leaving the country. Or can they? Will they.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The Watchtower publications print so much conflicting information / material on any given subject ,you would have to be a Mensa genius to comprehend what you are supposed to believe today .

I am talking about years of believing one thing about procedures or scripture interpretation then having to adjust to another procedure or interpretation of scripture , sometimes within just a few years or even less.

One example : Jehovah`s Witnesses formerly known as International Bible Students , accepted Romans 13: 1-7 as clearly referring to the worldly governments / judicial systems of local Govt`s of the day.

After C.T.Russells death , J.F.Rutherford became the President of the I.B.S.A. who then renamed the organization as Jehovah`s Witnesses .He then changed the interpretation of Rom.13 :1-7 as applying to Jehovah God and Christ Jesus .

After about 3-4 decades a Watchtower article or two , " Who are the Superior Authourities" in the early 1960`s reverted back to the original belief , that it refers to the secular authourities in the world and not Jehovah God and Christ Jesus.

No mention was made in that watchtower they had previously believed this 30-40 years ago.

Jehovah`s Witnesses are required to believe whatever the Governing Body states in current publications , if you speak contrary to what is accepted as current truth , you will be first of all counselled and if you persist you will be disfellowshiped , regardless of whether in the future the Governing Body comes to the conclusion you did .

Conformity with what the Governing Body states is paramount to your being a Jehovah`s Witness .

If you deviate from what Jehovah`s Witnesses believe you will be brought before a judicial committee ,if you speak about it to anyone.

Jehovah`s Witnesses have to be all in agreement whether they be right or wrong for the sake of unity.

smiddy

• Mephis
    Mephis

Franz confirmed that in his testimony in the Scottish case Smiddy. It's the unity, not being correct, which they're after from R&F.

Let's review..

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

WOW, Great thread! I'll have to watch it later. I'm glad the RC are seeing through the WT deceptiveness and lies.

I hope someone can get that Link to the articles cha ching and C0ntr013r posted regarding theocratic warfare to the commission, if they don't have it already.

• freddo
    freddo

Bet today's "Wednesday Governing Body Meeting" will be fun!

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

Headline : Governing body member flees country and his dying dad to avoid talking at Royal Commission.

• Listener
    Listener

Stewart's discussion about shunning was very good, talking about morality again.

O'Brien was actually recommending a person fade instead of disassociating, that was pretty sick specially since he is encouraging dishonesty.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Mephis

I`m sorry mate ,I`m not quite sure what you are getting at here , can you be a bit more explicit in what you are asking ?

lets review ?

What does that mean in relation to my comment ?

Just asking.

smiddy

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"I hope someone can get that Link to the articles cha ching and C0ntr013r posted regarding theocratic warfare to the commission, if they don't have it already."

No need to hope, anyone can email them (except me, my emails are monitored by my parents):

Within Australia call 1800 099 340

From overseas call 61 2 8815 2319

Open Monday to Friday

between the hours of 8am and 8pm AEST

Email us

contact@

childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au

And email Angus Stewart himself here:

[email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest