Royal Commission Live Hearing Now
- Didn't the 'apostle' Paul make plenty of directive's without consulting the governing body in jerusalem?
- Matt 24: 45 under question - Lovely phrasing from the judge
- McClellan must be finding it hard listening to the way O'Brien (and JWs in general) have just made up doctrine to be convenient, rather than based it on any evidence, and then say they must follow that as from God.
O'Brien defending slavery as long as it follows the NT instructions, upon being asked by McClellan whether they've changed their views on it. "It's more like being a paid employee, not like African slavery during Empire". My head just hit my keyboard a few times.
McClellan's still trying to establish if they have any room whatsoever to re-interpret the bible, and that they do pick and choose which parts they follow.
So he's going to tell the society that they should reconsider the role of women in their decision making!
O'brien playing round and round the garden , but Mr Clellan is having none of that .
McClellan "I think I've exhausted your capacity to get to the real issue". Yes, quite. O'Brien can't conceive a situation where a woman would make a decision.
O'Brien's view of what's wrong:
1) Better documentation for elders about child abuse specifically
2) In initial meetings, that elders should clearly explain options (ie whether to go to police or just leave elders to handle) to victim/guardians/parents.
3) Explaining judicial process better to those involved.
- O'brien says he would recommend to the GB what the commission recommends what a load of crap typical WT BS
He has to be cooperative, all can see that both the judge & Angus are working their way up the ladder, and their beloved GB are next!
"Is that not something that the J W org should consider? A re-dress for victims?"
"The 26 members"..... who are these?