Royal Commission Live Hearing Now

by LostinJapan 239 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Ozman
    Ozman
    Didn't the 'apostle' Paul make plenty of directive's without consulting the governing body in jerusalem?
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Matt 24: 45 under question - Lovely phrasing from the judge
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    McClellan must be finding it hard listening to the way O'Brien (and JWs in general) have just made up doctrine to be convenient, rather than based it on any evidence, and then say they must follow that as from God.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

O'Brien defending slavery as long as it follows the NT instructions, upon being asked by McClellan whether they've changed their views on it. "It's more like being a paid employee, not like African slavery during Empire". My head just hit my keyboard a few times.

McClellan's still trying to establish if they have any room whatsoever to re-interpret the bible, and that they do pick and choose which parts they follow.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

So he's going to tell the society that they should reconsider the role of women in their decision making!

HA!!!

• wozza
    wozza

O'brien playing round and round the garden , but Mr Clellan is having none of that .

• Mephis
    Mephis

McClellan "I think I've exhausted your capacity to get to the real issue". Yes, quite. O'Brien can't conceive a situation where a woman would make a decision.

O'Brien's view of what's wrong:

1) Better documentation for elders about child abuse specifically

2) In initial meetings, that elders should clearly explain options (ie whether to go to police or just leave elders to handle) to victim/guardians/parents.

3) Explaining judicial process better to those involved.

• wozza
    wozza
    O'brien says he would recommend to the GB what the commission recommends what a load of crap typical WT BS
  • cha ching
    cha ching

He has to be cooperative, all can see that both the judge & Angus are working their way up the ladder, and their beloved GB are next!

• cha ching
    cha ching

"Is that not something that the J W org should consider? A re-dress for victims?"

"The 26 members"..... who are these?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit