Need help putting username photo up!!!

by more2C 8 Replies latest jw friends

• more2C
    more2C

Being the computer illiterate that I am, I would appreciate any help, putting my photo up. I registered with strike9.com, but don't know how to get my photo from a digital camera onto the JW site, with the correct size and everything. Since strike9 doesn't have a help section maybe someone could explain to me how it all works.

Can anyone help me, please? Thanks in advance.

more2C

• TR
    TR

Do you have a scanner? Or know someone who does?

TR

• more2C
    more2C

I don't have a scanner. But with the help of my brother, he downloaded my photo into the my computer's files. I don't know how to get it from there to this site. Thanks TR for replying so quickly.

Any other suggestions?

more2C

• Aztec
    Aztec

If the pic is in your My Computer files then all you have to do is go to your profile and click on Browse... As long as you know your path file it shouldn't be too hard. Just follow the path and instructions and upload. If I can figure it out anyone can

~Aztec

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

To use strike 9

Click the My Files Option

Click browse and select photo you want to upload

Click upload

Wait a million years for it to load

Once the picutre pops up click on it

Right click once your photo opens and go to properties

Copy the line (right click and copy OR hit ctrl & C at the same time) that should look something like this = http:// www.strike 9.com/file.aspx/path=/MrMoe/th umbnails/cap_154. jpg

Go into your JWD profile and load up that link OR to post on a thread just paste the http:/// line whereever in your post

OR THE EASY WAY Just go to your JWD profile - click on browse and upload the picture directly from your hard drive

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

P.S. - Or right click on the mini-pic (thumbnail) and don't even open the pic up - then right click and copy the properties from that. That is what I did so it didn't turn out distorted. Well mine is still distorted but oh well.

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Or mail the picture to my email address and I'll host it for you.

• more2C
    more2C

Thanks for all your helpful hints and assistance. My sister will be over sometime today, to help me get the photo up. I have an idea how to do it with all of your help, but I want to make sure I do it right.

You'll have to wait and see what I look like, a little longer. (Now, I'm getting nervous....lol!)

more2C

• emancipated
    emancipated

Looking good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit