The Oddly UnSpiritual Jehovah's Witnesses

by metatron 7 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

To 'loyal' Witnesses, accusing them of being unspiritual seems almost absurd.

... until you start meditating on what spiritual is.

Spiritual is defined in contrast to physical, it deals with the unseen, the invisibly
    miraculous, the world of spirit and the nature of consciousness. It is a realm not
    limited by simple reductionism or the tendency to see life as nothing more than random
    molecules bumping into each other.

But take a good look at Witness Reality:

Holy Spirit is hardly even spoken of as a real force - and it has no miracles to
    perform - those are long past. It seems to be reduced to a pallid metaphor for intent
    by God or Witnesses themselves.

The Resurrection is no hope at all! There is no immortal soul or spirit in WitnessLand.
    Anything reborn into the New World is simply a copy of the atoms that happened to construct
    your body, nothing more - no 'spirit' here!

The universe is a dead structure of unliving, unconscious atoms - incapable of clever
    evolution. Any creation that exists was done eons ago by a distant, presently
    unemployed God on a throne.

With this background in mind, is it any wonder why flat atheism is often the first response
    of a Witness who loses faith? Anything really spiritual was defined out of the big picture
    a long time ago.

metatron ( how sad)

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

To 'loyal' Witnesses, accusing them of being unspiritual seems almost absurd.

ooh, how true. this is one religion that is utterly devoid of spirituality. which makes it ultimately one of the most unsatisfying.

they are without a doubt some of the most deluded people on the planet. what kills me the most is their hypocrisy. i reeeely hate that. i know certain witnesses who dance at raves, have affairs, etc. and when you mention to them that their religion sucks, thinking they are just "going through the motions", they angrily defend their faith. even as they are deliberately disobeying every commandment in the book.

very strange indeed.

ugh lately there have been a whole mess of them in my neighborhood. i mean at least once a week. and they always park in front of my house. they will knock and knock and i never answer...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good abservation, met.

Dubs are one small step from athiests. One could ask how gods spirit did it's work on people. The wt thinks it is like when a person walks into a room w other people in it. That person, by his/her mere presence affects the others. This type of thinking admits no real actions or real existence to such a thing as spirit. Yet, the wt doctrine states that god is spirit, that spirit is more durable than material.

The wt claims that humans do not posess a soul or spirit, but that they are a soul. So then, there is really no way that communication can take place between a person and a group of people, at least not on a spiritual plane. The only other possibility for nonverbal communication would be electromagnetic, biological radio waves, or light. Carry this over to god's communication w humans, and he must have on heck of big radio set, for sending and recieving. Imagine those millions of prayers he has to tune into, as he walks around on his planet in the pleiades. I wonder how many secretaries he has?

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 1 December 2002 20:59:12

• TR
    TR

Good points, Met.

Like my friend "Gomer", the df'd but loyal WTS believer, his life consists of worldly pursuits, yet with no "spiritual" content.

TR

• gumby
    gumby

I think when a Witness says someone is spiritual means they were aglow with their hope. They talked it, looked it, lived for it.....the same as other fundys get.

Their Holy Spirit is God's force......same as a fundy except their spirit is a person. He pretty much does the same stuff; imparts knowledge, gives strenght, jumps in and saves someone from harm against strong odds...(read yearbook experiences )

The Witness ressurection is the same as the hebrews....you die....then you come back. First century gnostics who influenced the Christian writers who influenced today's fundys believe you move on........along with most of ancient religion.

Whether it's a Witness or a fundy.....their both in space.

Edited by - Gumby on 1 December 2002 14:13:19

• Undecided
    Undecided

I never really thought about it before but I never prayed for anything I wanted to happen, like helping my sick dad to recover when he was dying, or my mother as I watched her die in my brothers home. Not one prayer, I only prayed for things that would help Jah's name be vindicated. How stupid was that, like if God was there he wouldn't do that anyway. I was praying to God for him to do something for himself. Those men in Brooklyn make me sick, the way they made me think. Of course I can't put all the blame on them, I was stupid enough to listen to their BS. I have never felt mad at the WT org. before, but lately I have to watch my language when talking about them and I hope none of them come by when I'm in a bad mood.

Ken P.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

From my observation, when a witness says another is spiritual it means how close you follows the WT rules.

HCM

• moman
    moman

As to the Borg,"...........inside they are full of DEAD MENS BONES"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit