Holy Koran! Break out your calculator...

by back2dafront 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I'm doing a little research on Islam and the Quran (Koran) and I ran across the following website that explained why Muslims think the Koran is the only book inspired by Allah. I never heard of this before, and frankly, I don't know what to think of this. Does anyone have any insight on the significance of the mathmatics involved here? Please advise.

http://www.quran.org/code/index.html

One of the Great Miracles [74:35]

Qur'an & Ultimate Mathematics

The Quran is characterized by a unique phenomenon never found in any human authored book. Every element of the Quran is mathematically composed - the suras, the verses, the words, the number of certain letters, the number of words from the same root, the number and variety of divine names, the unique spelling of certain words, the absence or deliberate alteration of certain letters within certain words, and many other elements of the Quran besides its content. There are two major facets of the Quran's mathematical system: (1) The mathematical literary composition, and (2) The mathematical structure involving the numbers of suras and verses. Because of this comprehensive mathematical coding, the slightest distortion of the Quran's text or physical arrangement is immediately exposed.

SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND IMPOSSIBLE TO IMITATE

For the first time in history we have a scripture with built-in proof of divine authorship - a superhuman mathematical composition.

Any reader of this book can easily verify the Quran's mathematical miracle. The word "God" (Allah) is written in bold capital letters throughout the text. The cumulative frequency of occurrence of the word "God" is noted at the bottom of each page in the left hand corner. The number in the right hand corner is the cumulative total of
    the numbers for verses containing the word "God." The last page of the text, Page 372, shows that the total occurrence of the word "God" is 2698, or 19x142. The total sum of verse numbers for all verses containing the word "God" is 118123, also a multiple of 19 (118123 = 19x6217). Nineteen is the common denominator throughout the Quran's mathematical system. This phenomenon alone suffices as incontrovertible proof that the Quran is God's message to the world. No human being(s) could have kept track of 2698 occurrences of the word "God," and the numbers of verses where they occur. This is especially impossible in view of (1) the age of ignorance during which the Quran was revealed, and (2) the fact that the suras and verses were widely separated in time and place of revelation. The chronological order of revelation was vastly different from the final format (Appendix 23). However, the Quran's mathematical system is not limited to the word "God;" it is extremely vast, extremely intricate, and totally comprehensive.

THE SIMPLE FACTS

Like the Quran itself, the Quran's mathematical coding ranges from the very simple, to the very complex. The Simple Facts are those observations that can be ascertained without using any tools. The complex facts require the assistance of a calculator or a computer.
    The following facts do not require any tools to be verified, but please remember they all refer to the original Arabic text:

1. The first verse (1:1),known as "Basmalah," consists of 19 letters.

2. The Quran consists of 114 suras, which is ..............19 x 6.

3. The total number of verses in the Quran is 6346, or ....19 x 334.
    [6234 numbered verses & 112 un-numbered verses (Basmalahs) 6234+112 = 6346] Note that 6+3+4+6 =.......19.

4. The Basmalah occurs 114 times, despite its conspicuous absence from Sura 9 (it occurs twice in Sura 27) & 114= 19x6.

5. From the missing Basmalah of Sura 9 to the extra Basmalah of Sura 27, there are precisely ...............19 suras.

6. It follows that the total of the sura numbers from 9 to 27 (9+10+11+12+...+26+27) is 342, or .............19 x 18.

7. This total (342) also equals the number of words between the two Basmalahs of Sura 27, and 342 = ........19 x 18.

8. The famous first revelation (96:1-5) consists of .......19 words.

9. This 19-worded first revelation consists of 76 letters .19 x 4.

10. Sura 96, first in the chronological sequence, consists of .....................................................19 verses.

11. This first chronological sura is placed atop the last ..19 suras.

12. Sura 96 consists of 304 Arabic letters, and 304 equals .19 x 16.

13. The last revelation (Sura 110) consists of ............19 words.

14. The first verse of the last revelation (110:1) consists of ....................................................19 letters.

15. 14 different Arabic letters, form 14 different sets of "Quranic Initials" (such as A.L.M. of 2:1), and prefix 29 suras. These numbers add up to 14+14+29 = 57 = ......19 x 3.

16. The total of the 29 sura numbers where the Quranic Initials occur is 2+3+7+...+50+68 = 822, and 822+14 (14 sets of initials) equals 836, or ................. 19 x 44.

17. Between the first initialed sura (Sura 2) and the last initialed sura (Sura 68) there are 38 un-initialed suras 19 x 2.

18. Between the first and last initialed sura there are ....19 sets of alternating "initialed" and "un-initialed" suras.

19. The Quran mentions 30 different numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 99, 100, 200, 300, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 50,000, & 100,000. The sum of these numbers is 162146, which equals 19x8534

THEOREM:

Assume you have a pair of two-digit numbers, ab and cd such that a, b, c and d are nonzero. If ab + cd = 100, then a + b + c + d = 19

PROOF:

We can Write two-digit numbers in polynomial form ax + b and cx + d. In a decimal number where system x = 10. If ax + b + cx + d = 100, then we must have b + d = 10. This implies that ax + cx = 90. When we add the digits together, we actually ignore the base 10 and assume a unit base. This means that 90 will change to 9 and therefore, 10 + 9 = 19.

It is noteworthy that there are 72 such two-digit pairs and 72 is the 8 th Twin Primes Companion (TPC) and 8 is the index of 19. Chapter 72 has 28 verses and 72:28 is one of the numbers conforming to the above theorem, meaning that 72 + 28 = 100 and 7 + 2 + 2 + 8 =19. Please read 72:28.

In light of the above theorem, it is essential to analyze chapter 100 in the Quran. We note that it has 11 verses. If we concatenate 100 and 11 we get 10011 which is composed of 0s and 1s only. Therefore, we can think of it as a binary number. Well, you guessed it, 10011 in binary number system is 19, God be praised. Note here the intricate mathematics, 11 is the 19 th number in the Quran, and we just saw the relation between 100 and 19. There is only one other chapter in the Quran such that when you concatenate the sura number and the number of verses you get a number which is composed of 1s and 0s and it is chapter 101 which also has 11 verses. The number 10111 in binary number system is 23. We know that the 23 rd number in the Quran is 30 and the 30the number in the Quran is 100 and 30 is the 19 th composite and many more relations between 23 and 30 which were discussed previously [4].

PRIME NUMBERS AND THE QURANIC INITIALS

The counts of single letter in the Quranic initials are very interesting from the point of view of primes and signifies important Quranic numbers. If we look at the counts of letters in the Quranic initials, we note that there are 14 prime numbers [5] (excluding repetitions). This corresponds to the 14 sets of Quranic initials. These numbers are 19, 29, 31, 53, 97, 137, 173, 251, 257, 317, 347, 1249, 1319, 2521. Note that the smallest number is 19 and the largest number is 2521. Remember that chapter has 19x521 As + Ls + Ms. One notes that three digits namely 0, 6 and 8 are excluded from the above list of numbers. Now if we add the above prime numbers, the sum is 6800, exclusively made up of the missing digits. Keep in mind that 68x100 tells us that the last initialed sura is 68 and 100 proclaims 74:30 which tells us about 19.

MORE "ULTIMATE MATHEMATICS"

The fact that sura 2, the first initialed sura in the Quran has 9899 As + Ls + Ms or 19x521, is truly a numbering system beyond the capability of humans and jinns combined [8]. What we are about to see is that the coefficient of 19 which is 521 actually predicts the last initialed sura which is 68. By Gods grace and the discovery of TPCs, we note that the 521 st TPC is 33768. This is truly an amazing number, because it is the concatenation of the prime number 337 and 68 where 68 is the index of prime numbe

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Have you ever heard of the "Bible Codes"? It is said that the same evicence can be found in the Bible, too. Check out these links.

NewLight2

The Signature of God

http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/article2.htm

Topics Covered in The Signature of God

1. Fascinating ancient inscriptions and
    manuscripts that prove the incredible
    historical accuracy of the Scriptures.
    2. Little known archeological
    discoveries that provide overwhelming
    confirmation of the biblical accounts,
    including the Tower of Babel, the
    famine in Egypt,
    3. An astonishing discovery of ancient
    rock inscriptions in the Sinai and
    Yemen that record the events of the
    Red Sea Crossing and the Exodus
    mentioning Moses, Miriam and Joseph.
    4. The tremendously accurate scientific
    statements in the Bible that cannot be
    explained apart from God's inspiration.
    5. These Hebrew Codes reveal the
    names: Hitler, Eichmann, and Anwar
    Sadat.
    6.Throughout the Old Testament God
    has placed the name of Jesus - Yeshua
    in code, bebneath theespecially in
    passages that prophecy the coming
    Messiah.
    7. The staggering phenomenon of
    hidden codes and mathematical patterns
    found in the text of the Bible that could
    not have been produced by human
    intelligence.
    8. The incredible fulfillment of twenty
    prophecies in our generation that
    authenticate God's authorship of the
    Scriptures.
    9. Ezekiel prophesied the rebirth of
    Israel as a nation on May 15, 1948
    10.Fascinating archeological discoveries
    that confirm the accuracy of the Bible's
    statements about the falling walls of
    Jericho, the seal used by Baruch, the
    scribe who wrote the Book of Jeremiah.
    11. Scriptural "coincidences" that
    confirm the divine inspiration of the
    Scriptures.
    12. The phenomenon of the transformed
    character and lives of the writers of the
    Bible.
    13. The unprecedented influence of the
    Bible on the lives of individuals, the
    culture, and history of the Western
    world.
    14. Incredibly advanced medical laws
    and knowledge found in the Bible
    confirm its supernatural origin.

The evidence presented in The
    Signature of God provides tremendous
    evidence supporting the authority and
    inspiration of Scripture. Those who love
    the Word of God or anyone who
    wonders if they can trust the Bible need
    to read the thrilling information in this
    fascinating book.

Other Useful Links:

Hatikva Ministries
    http://www.hatikva.org/articles/index.html

Prophecy in the News
    http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/index.asp

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

Hi Back2,

Interesting.

I have some knowledge in maths, but only enought to feel that's different of the so call Bible codes. But what does this means ? I don't believe that any mathematicians could tell us.

On the other hand, it maybe interesting the maths, but does it has any really meaning to us ?

I don't believe in the Bible codes because of several facts, one of them is: Do we have a copy of the original writings ? ... of course not. So how could we try to find codes in a text that it's not sure 100%.

But what about the Coran ? Do we have a copy of the original writings ? .. or only a copies of copies like the Bible. And what about the canon of the Coran ? Remember the canon of the Bible.

If we are not sure about the original writings probably the maths don't means anything, only happy probabilities and a human structural point of view to try to understand things with an order set. Remember the Zodiac, humans whant to see order even if it dosen't exist. Also remember that the Arabs was the best mathematicians, maybe it's not only a happy coincidence.

But I have a question, and what that's suppouse to means the number 19 to the Coran ?

Edited by - Ginosko on 1 December 2002 15:3:13

Edited by - Ginosko on 1 December 2002 15:4:47

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Well, it doesn't really have any meaning to us, that's why it's all rather perplexing IMO.

Why and how would the usage of God's name all add up be so mathmatically perfect? It's just all so strange to me - I don't know why a man would sit down and think all of this out before altering original manuscripts....

I've yet to figure out the significance of the number 9 either ....

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

Doesnt Jewish Kabbalah touch on that subject? I know they have this whole numerology idea for the Old Testament and the Zohar.

• Roddy
    Roddy

I haven't been that interested in Muslims. I've known a few Muslims personally and they've been nice. I'm nice to all people. My attitude with Muslims is live and let live kind of thing even though I've been annoyed at the religious violence Islam inspires. But after 9/11, the suicide bombings of innocent civilians, and the continued terrorist assualts on innocents instead of on people who can fight back, I'm convinced this is a violent religion of fanatical idiotic cowards which lends itself to be exploited by self-serving apostles of hate or oil rich fatcats who starve their stupid uneducated people while they shift all the blame onto Israel and the West.

If the Great Tribulation begins with the destruction of Islam, good riddance! I'll be dancing in the street. Consider it payback for 9/11!!!

Please excuse my language but deleted

Edited by - Englishman on 4 December 2002 11:53:12

• kril
    kril

The polynomial form is y = ax*2 + bx + c. Not ax + b and cx + d.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm sure neither Muhammed or Jesus would approve of the behavior of their followers of today. It's impossible to condemn all Islam for the behavior of the radical element, unless concomitantly all Chistianity is condemned by the behavior of its radical element.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit