Following on from Brummies topic...

by Vee 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Vee
    Vee

Hi all,

I've read several references to 'Apostafests' & various other gatherings that have been held for ex-dubs to get together. I'm very curious to know if these are formal or informal type affairs? Are they just held between known aquaintances? etc... I have also heard of support groups, and counsellors which work specifcally with recovering ex-dubs. I'm very much interested to hear any of your experiences, or recommendations on this subject at whatever level you found really helped you.

On other matters...I went shopping for and put up my first Xmas tree with my flatmates last night! I know it's only a very small things, but it really meant alot to me. We all stayed in and had a roast dinner together, and my boyfriend even spontaneously gave thanks for my benefit. I know it's just a dumb tree (with pretty flashing lights) but it's a symbol to me that the indoctrination which has forced me to live in fear over every minor decision, has started to melt away.

Hava great weekend, talk to you soon :-) Luv V**

• Xena
    Xena

The apostate events I have been to have been organized by the District Overbeer of Texas, Brother Valis. The tend to be informal gatherings at his home or more formal meals out (places that don't know about us yet usually let us in). The first time I went to one I had never met any of the people outside of chatting on here. We had a BLAST! Course everyone KNOWS Texas Apostates are the best

Congrats on the tree...I put my first official one up last night....we had so much fun decorating it and ooooohhh do I love the smell of a real christmas tree! Enjoy your blinking lights, you earned them!

• Vee
    Vee

Thank-you Xena, and you likewise enjoy the aromatherapy of your first tree!

I'm yet to meet a Texan "Apostate", sounds like I'm really missing out!

V**

• Prisca
    Prisca

We regualrly have "Apostafests" here in Sydney and also in Melbourne. They are informal affairs, usually a bbq or a meal at someone's place. It's an occasion to get to know other ex-jws and have a laugh together. They are not the place to push doctrines or your personal beliefs onto others. Everyone is accepted no matter what their "status" is in the Borg.

If anyone from Oz is reading this, feel free to contact myself or Ozziepost ([email protected]) for info on the next Sydney Apostafest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit