Why does the WBTS have to try so HARD?

by SpannerintheWorks 8 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I mean, I run a business (or three) and if I put the effort into promoting my businesses that the WBTS does, I would be a billionnare!

House-to-house preaching.

The promise of life forever.

Living on a paradise earth.

Black and white interpretation of the Bible.

The NWT is the best.

Appealing magazines.

You are in the "Truth!" (TM).

You will see your dead loved ones again!

No more suffering.

We call God by his proper name, Jehovah.

And no other faith does this.

Books on every subject of the Bible.

Tracts and brochures to back up their claims.

Even a book on how to achieve "Family Happiness!"

They seem to have it all sewed up!

But, the reality is that each individual JW has to expend an average of 8,000 hours of field service to convert ONE to the

WBTS mentality!

So, given the great rewards in becoming a JW, and the audacious manner that they display thereinafter, do you ever wonder why

they have to try so hard?

Spanner

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 29 November 2002 14:37:13

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

It is simple. They are a multi-level marketing business that is legally classed as a religion. And they have a level of control over their "distributors" that Amway can only envy.

The real purpose is not to win converts. The real purpose is to distribute magazines. In 1979, the selling cost was five times the printing cost. With modern effeciences, I wonder what the profti margin is now.

With the donation arrangement, they make as much or more money. First, the congregation is billed for the literature. Secondly, any monies collected by the publishers is given to the Society.

Like most MLM systems the cost to the head corporation is fairly low. Most of the costs and efforts you described use free labor. I am sure Amway wishes their distributors would work for free.

Kingdom Halls are paid for by the congregation....note also, that the Kingdom Hall is donated to the Society after it is built, and so the Society receives mortagage payments for property it owns outright! How many banks would love a sweet deal like that?

Richard

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Spanner

If you had six million employees all working for nothing, providing their own transport and fuel, not applying for any expenses, you too, would be a billionaire, but in all of this, they are ONLY the 31st (allegedly) richest corporation in the USA, maybe they want to be NUMBER ONE !

KT

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Actually, it takes a lot more than 8000 hours to make a convert. Don't forget that most of the new members are gained, not through field service, but through reproduction.

In my area 80-90% of the baptizms are Witness kids. So, in reality, it takes more like 50,000 to actually convert someone.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hmmmm....

Spanner

• Satanus
    Satanus

They need to try so hard, because most of their stuff goes against everything that is commonly accepted, either in standard christianity or among nonchristians. In a nutshell, it's harder to sell bs.

SS

• Navigator
    Navigator

Right On Saint Satan!

• onthego
    onthego

For one thing they were a non-governmental organization of the U.N. for a decade and that got posted. Word gets around. People quit and have to be replaced.

• Mr Spock
    Mr Spock

I'm sure most people have heard of pyramid schemes to make money. As far as I know they are illegal in most states, because the people who start the scheme are the only ones to make any money. I think the Watchtower is based on this type of pyramid scheme and should be banned. Spock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit