She needs your prayers

by Derrick 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

Those in southern California whose territory she is in, as well as those who can relate to the struggles she has faced throughout her long but difficult life, might want to say a prayer for her today.

Top Stories - AP
    Zsa Zsa Gabor Said to Be in Coma
    Thu Nov 28, 3:46 PM ET
    Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By ANDREW BRIDGES, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor ( news ) was hospitalized and in a coma Thursday after a car she was riding in struck a light pole on Sunset Boulevard, a family spokesman said.

AP Photo

AP Photo
    SlideshowSlideshow: Zsa Zsa Gabor Hospitalized After Car Accident

Gabor suffered multiple broken bones, cuts and bruises in Wednesday's accident and was being treated at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, said Gerd Birkmann, a spokesman for her husband, Frederic von Anhalt.

"The worst injuries are to her head," Birkmann said from Germany.

Gabor, 85, was a passenger in the front seat of a car driven by her hairdresser when the accident occurred Wednesday evening, said von Anhalt, who was reached at Cedars-Sinai early Thursday. He would not comment on the extent of her injuries, but said she remained unconscious.

"The motor went into the front seat," he said.

Her hairdresser also was hospitalized, von Anhalt said. The accident happened around 8 p.m. in West Hollywood as the two planned to go shopping, Birkmann said.

The cause of the accident was unknown, said Sgt. Bruce Thomas of the Los Angeles County sheriff's department.

For decades, the glamorous, Hungarian-born Gabor has epitomized the celebrity who is famous for being famous. Her furs, jewels, looks and humor kept her in the news long after her film career faded.

She was married eight times; among her husbands were hotel millionaire Conrad Hilton and Oscar-winning actor George Sanders. She married von Anhalt in 1986.

"Personally, I know nothing about sex because I have always been married," she joked in a 1987 speech to the American Bar Association.

Story continued at this link: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=514&ncid=514&e=7&u=/ap/20021128/ap_on_en_mo/zsa_zsa_gabor

Very sad.

Derrick

• kelpie
    kelpie

I heard that on the news today..

I hope she recovers

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Goodness! She's 85. I had no idea that she is in her twilight years. But I do hope she comes out of this alright.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    "Personally, I know nothing about sex because I have always been married,"

THAT is shooooo funny

Brummie

• Prisca
    Prisca

How sad. At her age, it is unlikely she will recover from her injuries very well.

Perhaps the best for her is to let nature take it's course.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

One of life's many sad stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit