by BadAssociate 2 Replies latest jw friends

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate

guys - thinking back

this still makes me angry

the stupidity of this saying

"but they might get the truth"

a waste of time mostly used to count time

i remember one night at the hall - it was a mid week meeting - the service meeting had just started and as was my usual custom i was in the back row catching up on some much needed shut eye

(the service meeting of course being the perfect soundtrack to this scenario)

next thing u know i'm being rudely awoken by the commotion of a rolling pissed drunk hobo sliding into the vacant seat beside me

the fact that he smelt like a urinal was beside the point i guess

i thought to myself, "what the fuck?"

and looked over at the two bros minding the door - "friends" of mine in a bro kind of way - who had let this guy in

i looked at these door bro's as if to say "what the fuck's did u let him in here for?"

but they just kind of ignored me

anyway the meeting progressed - no way i was gonna get back to sleep - then this guy starts yelling stuff out - u know - drunken nonsense - coz he'd noticed everyone else in the hall doing it i suppose

i'm thinking to myself - they've gotta throw this guy out - surely? - and continued to look over at the door bros from time to time - with a "are u guys crazy - throw him out" look on my face

but all they did was come over to the guy and ask him if he could keep it down a tad

i dunno why i didnt get up and go sit somewhere else - maybe the hall was really packed - i cant recall

the drunk ended up leaving before the meeting finished - from boredom
    i think

so the meeting finished and i went over to talk to the door bro's
    asking - you know - "are u guys stupid why did u let him in?"

the answer

"but he might get the truth"

i dont know how many times i was out countin time wastin time with a witness who would insist on preaching to a non communable person (be that for what ever reason - intoxication, senility, foriegn language etc) and yet the person i was with would persist - under angelic direction no doubt - to preach to the person

"because they might get the truth"

this sorta stuff was jw urban legend at it's finest imo

BADASSOCIATION

ps "they might get the truth " can also be substituted for the phrase " they may be a sheeplike person" whenever

• nojw86
    nojw86

Why do you still call it thr TRUTH, ugh. blah, humbug,ITS *%$#+_).................................................................................................. NOJW

• rabotnik
    rabotnik

Well, think about it ... that smelly, loud drunk might have been FredHall just aching for a bible study.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit