Ron de Rooy - will he review his performance at the RC?

by FadeToBlack 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Simply amazing to watch. The restraint shown by the judge and lawyer is breath-taking. I'm sure they would like to pummel these idiots with a sledge-hammer, but they choose words instead. The intellectual chasm is wide. It is painful at times to watch, and I say it would be good medicine for the uneducated elders, but some lessons fall on deaf ears.

Do you think Ron or the others will bother to review their performance? Maybe they could get some pointers from the Theocratice Ministry School overseer. I am guessing that if they couldn't bother to review any of the available evidence before they showed up, they probably won't watch the video of their appearance. If they did, and they were normal people, they would have to kill themselves. But we know they are not normal people. They probably thought they won the debate.

I can't wait until some of the branch people get their turn. Let's see how long their smugness lasts with Mr. Stewart.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Whenever he strings a sentence together of more than 10 words he sits back and looks smug at the achievement, so i get the impression he thinks he did quite well.

They likely think that hearing the name Jehovah mentioned by a worldly is a great witness with double bonus points whenever the judge does it.

• bohm
    bohm
    Ron absolutely must be the model for the troll face if you guys know what i mean.. Like whenever he gets ready to tell bullshit like he cant recall something, on goes the troll face
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The restraint shown by the judge and lawyer is breath-taking

Agreed. Justice McClellan is very mild-mannered and gently and calmly invites the elders to agree with him on certain matters before making key points.

Mr Stewart's knowledge of the WT org. is excellent. I don't know how he calmly lets the elders get away with saying "I don't know how to answer that" in response to his precise and logical questioning.

I guess that's why both are well qualified, well paid legal people and I'm not.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@LoveUniHateExams: maybe we can all try that next time we are invited to the back room. How far would we get with: I don't know how to answer that...

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

All they can say to delicate questions: "I don't recall."

Are they all suffering from Alzheimer's disease?

• cappytan
    cappytan

Notice the look on his face every time he says, "I don't recall"?

If this was taking place in my home state, I would seriously track the guy down and knock that smirk off his face.

What is so funny about this situation? What is so funny about being a pillar of the congregation, a hiding place from the rainstorm, and not being able to recall something as serious as this?

My father has been a COBE (P.O.) for around 30 years, and he remembers EVERYTHING. I put my Dad on a pedestal, and maybe he is exceptional when it comes to elders and their memories, but still. This is ridiculous.

Their congregation should demand they step down due to incompetence and looking like buffoons while giving a piss-poor defense of the good news.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I really think that smirk was a "hand in the candy jar" kind of response. Dude literally had zero coaching before he got up there and it was a nervous "tell" when he didn't know what the fuck to say/do.

Lurkers, these are your "gifts in men".

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Of course he wont review it. He has been warned not to listen to "false stories" put forward by apostates. Just because he was the main source of the "false" story doesn't mean he should watch it. That would be Watchtower reasoning.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Most elders suffer from resting smug bastard-face. It's a requirement for the job.

Also resting jerkface.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit