A small tidbit about the UN Scandal

by kril 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kril
    kril

Some one may have posted about this already so forgive me if you are re-reading someone elses discovery. I sent a letter to the society asking them about the UN Scandal, and they sent back the same old letter that everyone else had right? Nope. A little different. Towards the end of the letter there is the sentence in the original letter that states,

"Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs-at least in their latest version-contain language that we cannot subscribe to."

Well my letter is a little different.

"Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs contain some language that we cannot subscribe to."

The UN NGO contracts have been pretty much the same for the past 40 years. So why say that their criteria was different in the past? Any thoughts? I will try to get a scan up tomarrow.

Link to original letter...
    http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Site=WO&Date=20011124&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=111240001&Ref=AR

• Gopher
    Gopher

They had to come up with SOME excuse to justify their getting "in and out" of their preferred NGO status with the U.N. Otherwise it would look as if they had been "caught red-handed" associating with the "wild beast", and that they are no different than other religious organizations!! They couldn't have that.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Kril,

The UN NGO contracts have been pretty much the same for the past 40 years. So why say that their criteria was different in the past?

"Pretty much the same," you say. PRETTY MUCH THE SAME? And just how much difference is there between an original document as compared to a later one that is "pretty much the same"? ROFLMAO! You crack me up man, I mean REALLY!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think we all know what "pretty much the same" means. As in, no significant difference. Seems pretty simple, but then again, I'm no troll.

• Beans
    Beans

See, they are masterminds at changing scriptures so a few words in a letter is easy! It may mean the something one day and mean another the next, they can make anything mean whatever they want too.

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Beans

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    "Pretty much the same," you say. PRETTYMUCHTHESAME? And just how much difference is there between an original document as compared to a later one that is "pretty much the same"? ROFLMAO! You crack me up man, I mean REALLY!

Ask the Watchtower. After all, the masthead of Awake is "pretty much the same" as it was before 1995 - they just changed a few words that undeniably, irrefutably branded them as a false prophet!

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi Kril:

Well my letter is a little different.

"Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs contain some language that we cannot subscribe to."

The UN NGO contracts have been pretty much the same for the past 40 years. So why say that their criteria was different in the past? Any thoughts? I will try to get a scan up tomarrow.

I think your observation is significant. In other words, the WTS has made a definite change in m.o., as respects to how they are handling this problem and how they have to explain this obvious blunder on the G.B. parts. Please check out the following information below which shows perhaps, why they may have to give completely up or seriously "adjust" THE LIBRARY CARD LIE scam.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41666&site=3

Has the criteria for getting a library pass
    to the United Nations Changed?

Note this email from an anonymous questioner:

The procedure for a library pass is the following: the
    interested party needs to fill out an application form
    and supply a letter of recommendation in support of
    the research. If the needed material is not available
    in a UN depository library (the list of depository
    libraries is posted at:
    http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/deplib/countries/), the
    application is approved and sent to UN Security. UN
    Security checks the application and, if approval is
    granted, instructs the Pass Office to issue a library
    pas for the applicant.

The issuance of a library pass is independent of NGO
    status or any other status. There has been no change
    in the library pass policy.

NGO representatives with UN grounds pass do not need
    to apply for a library pass since the grounds pass
    will allow them to use the UN Library.

Best regards,
    Dana Loytved

Senior Reference Librarian
    UN/SA Reference Desk
    United Nations Library, New York
    E-mail: [email protected]

I have been at this library since 1985 and confirm
    again that there was no change in 1991.

Best regards,
    Dana

UN/SA Reference Desk
    United Nations Library, New York
    E-mail: [email protected] -------------end----------- The above gives evidence that the WTS leadership is under a lot of pressure from WITHIN because of such information being available to JWs. Your most recent letter shows what I personally believe is a significant "shift" in thinking, and the need for more "theocratic strategy" ["lying"] on their parts, as a steady response to the pressures they are receiving from within from alert rank and file. So this problem then, is NOT going away. bjc

Edited by - bjc2read on 7 December 2002 9:23:33

Edited by - bjc2read on 7 December 2002 9:29:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit