Trading Spaces Fans Look Here!

by Shakita 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

Travel with us across the pond as Trading Spaces meets Changing Rooms for an international redecorating challenge! Designers Hilda Santo Tomas and Genevieve Gorder take their decorating designs to London, England, where they'll seek the help of Britain's most famous carpenter, Handy Andy. Andy's got his hands full on this show, building a wall of closet doors for Hildi's child bedroom, and a box of drawers for under the bed in Gen's master bedroom. We don't get much help from the weather 90 mile per hour gusts of wind knock over our work tent and threaten to send us into overtime. You won't want to miss this very special episode of Trading Spaces!

Original Airdate: November 30, 2002

Host:
    Paige Davis

Designers:
    Genevieve Gorder
    Hilda Santo-Tomas

Carpenter:
    Changing Rooms' Handy Andy

I can't wait. I know that there are other Trading Spaces Fans here so I thought you would like to know about this new show. I will be watching! I don't have the times, I will check back on the TLC site and see what time it airs.

Mrs. Shakita

• blondie
    blondie

Mrs. Shakita, my husband actually watches this with me. He likes to see the results and the looks on people's faces. He even watches it without me. I don't have any friends I would trust to decorate my home. I only have a few and I want to keep them.

Blondie

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Blondie:

My husband will watch sometimes. But it really isn't his cup of tea. That's ok though because my daughters and daughter-in-law like the show, so I will watch it with them sometimes.

The only designers on the show I would let in my home would be Vern or Laurie. They seem to give the homeowners what they want and take into consideration their likes and dislikes. No circus tent rooms, or traincar rooms in my house! It would cost $1,000.00 just to fix up what they did to the room in the first place!

Oh, I couldn't find the times of the show on their website. I know that here in NJ the new Trading Spaces show airs at 8:00pm and 9:00pm on Saturday Night.

Mrs. Shakita

Edited by - shakita on 27 November 2002 12:28:21

• blondie
    blondie

I use this site to check:

http://www.tvguide.com/

You're right, no trains in my rooms.

Blondie

• Adam
    Adam

I can't stand Paige Davis, though I still watch the show on most weekends. I miss Alex McCloud. I'm with ya on Vern, I like his designs. I would have a blast working with the tubby bearded guy (Frank?) but I wouldn't let him touch my house. Hildi has to go.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I love this show. My first goal out of high school was to do interior design. Imagine that, and I'm not even gay. Of course since the New System was going to be here so soon I decided not to pursue it any further.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I enjoy the show as well. I don't recall the one ladys name who worked with lamps...... She had horrible taste IMO.

I like Vern. Genevieves pictures are awesome. Lori can have her times where she will come out of the blue with some off the wall stuff. For the most part I enjoy her designs. Frank is ok, just a bit too country at times.

Handy Andy??? Hummmmm has a certain ring to it.

GSX

Sorry you were not able to follow your dreams. (((((( GSX )))))

• ring
    ring

I always love when you can tell the home owners are 'pretending'

they like what they see

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit