Venus, Serena & Oprah

by jazbug 5 Replies latest jw friends

• jazbug
    jazbug

FYI...in case no one else has posted this. The Williams sisters are going to be on Oprah today....wonder if they'll do any "national witnessing". Judging by the commercials for the show, they must be setting new trends in proper dress for JW's.

• moman
    moman

Got to know the Williams sisters fairly well when when I was a Dub, about 3 yrs. ago. The sisters would come to the meetings (fashionably late of course) with their multi-colored beads & had quite an attitude. They, including mom, took part in the school & were somewhat entertaining because they always seemed to be laughing inside. Their attitude came off as arrogant to most, but they were always nice to me & my wife.

After leaving the cult, I tried to enlighten the girls via e-mail, so far no luck. I hate to see the Borg get some of their $$$$$

By the way Serena's e-mail is [email protected]

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

moman,

Every time I hear Venus or Serena speak on TV they sound like they're laughing inside. I've never taken it as arrogance. It usually seems a little bit like nerves, and mostly just how they speak.

Anyway... I'm not sure it's a very nice thing to do; posting her email on a public discussion board. If she gets bombarded by emails from 'angry, demonized apostates' it's only going to make this site look bad.

Hmmm

• JH
    JH

I think that if Venus and Serena want to be celebrities, then they are in the wrong religion. They have a great talent in playing tennis, but it does not match the humble, "put God first in your life", organization.

• moman
    moman

Hmmm, Serena gave out her e-mail address on TV, so no harn done.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think they should just go out and have the time of their life, and put the witness garbage behind them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit