Holidays and former JW's

by Granny Linda 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Two threads in one sitting...I'd best get busy with housework or something...

I'm relaxing and enjoying conversation about the holidays when I had to remember this is a site for former JW's, or mostly anyhow. Last holiday season someone reminded me that not everyone has family to enjoy this time of year with, and it made me sad. Sorta like those bitter-sweet times that life sometimes gives us.

So, because I am in the same position with my JW family, but not my son and his family, I'd like to read some stories of what other's might be doing this holiday season. There are many, many people that never experienced religious abuse that find themselves at a lose during the holiday's, so if there are those of you out there that find sadness, please share what your plans are.

Not trying to put a damper on anything, but I forget in my self-centered happiness too remember we don't all have the same circumstances, and would like to hear from some of you beautiful people, too.

Love,

Granny Linda

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Granny, yes the holidays can be tough on all of us! I've learned to take what I've got and be thankful for that. Just love and appreciate the family and friends that you have! Enjoy life, ya know, stuff like that!

• els
    els

Granny Linda, Like you I should be doing some housework, I have today off and have done nothing but a load of laundry. And I plan on being in chat at 12:45. Oh Well!
    This is turning into a day to reflet on the past and hope for the future. Read my replies to you about grandchildren and Joelbear about being remembered.
    So for this Thanksgiving I will cook a huge bird for me, my husband, my son and daughter and her boyfriend. We will play music while we cook, and make a big mess, and put the boyfriend to work cause he doesn't know how to cook and needs to learn. The women in this family have a problem with doing all the "womens work" LOL. Then we will play games while the turkey cooks, get a little bit drunk, stuff ourselves, clean up then collapse in the living room, maybe with a movie. It will be small but wonderful anyway. Ihope yours is also. els

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

What a sweet thought, Granny Linda.

When I first got fired from the WTS, I spent quite a few holidays alone. I'd go find a bar open on Thanksgiving and they'd usually have a big buffet-style Thanksgiving dinner for us losers. That actually was pretty fun. Christmas I'd spend alone, it was just another day off. Although I would get depressed and miss my family. You know, you never get over the loss of family when you're df'd no matter what.

Several years ago I was "adopted" by the family of a guy I worked with so since then I've always had a place to go; and not just like a guest or feeling out of place when I do go, we're close. Their kids have spent the night at my place many times and we don't knock on each others doors, we just go right on in the house. Now I'm reunited with my older [half] brother so I had to turn down the invite from the adopted family for Thanksgiving to go over and eat with my brother and his family. Christmas is going to be hectic, since I've got 2 families to spend it with.

But you know what? It's all worth it. I wouldn't trade all the Christmases in the world for "The New System".

And I'll tell you something else. Granny Linda made a good point here. There's some who come to this board who may be spending the holidays alone. If you are and you want to talk to someone, I'd like to make myself available.

Mike.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's real nice. Well done, people, you've made me a very happy freedom loving exDub today!

Cheers to y'all, Ozzie

• mouthy
    mouthy

WOW!!!!! Granny Linda!!!! Did you send me gifts for the whole board?????For me to distribute????Yes!I got my gifts-yes GIFTS!!!!!!today....The postage alone was what you were supposed to spend.

Thank You,Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!Thank You,Thank You! That is a thank you for each & every gift....

I will drop you a line via snail mail (((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))

They were SO Lovely!!!! ALL of them.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit